C4 Forums | Control4

Articulating wall mount TV recommendations for home gym and Samsung 47" TV

c44me

Need a cheap but secure wall mount for (older) Samsung un46f8000 series 47" TV.  Preferably low profile to wall and able to articulate left 45 degrees minimum for viewing from treadmill.  Home gym application.

Made mistake of buying a cheap $30 monoprice mount that evidently only attaches with ONE tiny screw.The TV spins like a pinwheel. Endless emails trying to get them to take it back:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=305&cp_id=30501&cs_id=3050101&p_id=39304&seq=1&format=2

Thanks!

Just now, c44me said:

Thanks that thing is a beast! Looks like major overkill no?

Well, I can assure you of a few things:

• It can hold the weight of anything you put on it. I extended one and put my full body weight on it.
  • It pivots really nice and can allow you to move around in a more flexible way due to the arm extension
  • It can get really flat to the wall
  • You can mount the outlet in the mount

Up to you what you pick, but I sort of like overkill. If you notice its not spec'd for 80+ tv's, but it works just fine because its a beast. Yes, you need to cut the wall because it mounts between the studs. That can be a downside, but because of the way it mounts it can hold a lot of weight.

I didn't get these to pivot. I got them to hold a lot of weight and allow me to pull the TV away from the wall to change cables and such and then have them sit really flush to the wall. I have found though that I like pulling the TV off the wall in one room so it hovers over the media console below it. Cheap way to make the TV bigger without moving the couch ;)

The amazon one i sent, the smaller AmazonBasics one you linked to and your first non amazon basic link are all 2.6’’ from the wall.  The last link you provided was over 3’’ from the wall.  It’s all on the spec sheets on the item descriptions

i purchased mine in 2018 around the holidays.  I had a big old 58’’ heavy plasma I needed to mount.  After a ton of research, based on the cost + low profile depth I wound up with the AmazonBasics.  It’s a heavy TV - Panasonic 58’’ VT25.  My wife and I swivel it all the time to work out in our basement and no issues at all - though we always put it back into place and never leave it dangling and far off the wall

For upstairs for a much lighter new Sony OLED I did buy one of those recessed mounts.  Is it closer to the wall yes.  For the 3-4x price multiple is it that much closer to the wall, no.  But it was for our living room and my wife said it was required to be as close as possible.  Looking back all that the recessed is good for is hiding more wires and any power outlets in a neater fashion.  The extra inch or so of the TV going closer to the wall is really minimal

22 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

The amazon one i sent, the smaller AmazonBasics one you linked to and your first non amazon basic link are all 2.6’’ from the wall.  The last link you provided was over 3’’ from the wall.  It’s all on the spec sheets on the item descriptions

i purchased mine in 2018 around the holidays.  I had a big old 58’’ heavy plasma I needed to mount.  After a ton of research, based on the cost + low profile depth I wound up with the AmazonBasics.  It’s a heavy TV - Panasonic 58’’ VT25.  My wife and I swivel it all the time to work out in our basement and no issues at all - though we always put it back into place and never leave it dangling and far off the wall

For upstairs for a much lighter new Sony OLED I did buy one of those recessed mounts.  Is it closer to the wall yes.  For the 3-4x price multiple is it that much closer to the wall, no.  But it was for our living room and my wife said it was required to be as close as possible.  Looking back all that the recessed is good for is hiding more wires and any power outlets in a neater fashion.  The extra inch or so of the TV going closer to the wall is really minimal

Agreed and that is the exact use case here as well. Thanks for the feedback its helpful. Recessing the power outlet box but not the mount. The only issue with your Amazon basic mount appears to be that single pole offset - need to look at the studs as this is a skinny wall barely wider than the 47" TV going on it (41" tv x 44" wall). Those other 2 just happened to pop up when looking at yours and they have a ton of good feedback looks like.

Being low profile is clearly the least of concern as you pointed out, just nice to have and looks clean in a small room with small wall etc.

Interestingly the current awful Monoprice low profile is only 1" from the wall so quite a difference vs 2.6".  They are giving me the run around about returning or exchanging so will see if they don't I'll go buy yours!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.