C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi Wireless Outlet

6 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

I was thinking of using this or a C4 outlet switch. Which would you’ll recommend?

One of my WAP is indoor right inside the window close to this and signal is strong so I think WiFi or zigbee would do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the C4 outlet switches bulky and hit or miss reliability.  If you have an extra one lying around then maybe worth a try but I wouldnt buy one if other options out there.

9 hours ago, ejn1 said:

I find the C4 outlet switches bulky and hit or miss reliability.  If you have an extra one lying around then maybe worth a try but I wouldnt buy one if other options out there.

C4 never ever missed for me, 110 VAC only, Bulky and ugly yes but works 🎈

agree, was just wondering aloud about the device (in a metal cabinet) on an exterior brick wall might catch a signal reliably.   I would check signal strength prior to installing but it is a great use case as the typical outdoor lighting timer is no match for C4 programming options.

I’m doing this. Works fine even though it’s inside a stainless steel box. Wouldn’t you be worried about a zigbee signal and not WiFi in this case? I have some dimmers inside maybe 15 ft away which helps the zigbee signal.
Jeff

17 hours ago, Amr said:

C4 never ever missed for me, 110 VAC only, Bulky and ugly yes but works 🎈

I had 2 out of about 6 stop working over time,  tossed them.  Maybe they were prior generation versions not sure.

14 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I’m doing this. Works fine even though it’s inside a stainless steel box. Wouldn’t you be worried about a zigbee signal and not WiFi in this case? I have some dimmers inside maybe 15 ft away which helps the zigbee signal.
Jeff

I thought the TP Link was wifi not zigbee but maybe i'm wrong.   I'm going to install my first one this week.

Quick question on the Chowmain driver.

I’m assuming a dealer must install the driver but after that is a user able to add outlet switches or power strips or do you need a dealer to install each on of those later? These are so inexpensive I’ve been picking up a few prior to our install so just wanted to know for future impulse purchases.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.