C4 Forums | Control4

How to identify Yale Real Living lock

4 minutes ago, KingCity said:

I am a dealer with Composer but the Documentation for the driver doesn’t specify how to ID

If memory serves me, you have to put the lock in identify mode (I think I saw that in the instructions I attached),  then the dealer identifies it in the Connections tab.   Suggest you start with a complete reset.

• 1 month later...

I've been running into this problem as well, I go through the register mode on the Yale Lock (Master Code>7>#>1>#).  Soon as I hit the last '#' it says complete, but I go back to my Director where I have the Connection page open for pairing, I've waited as long as 5 min and it never shows up.  My back door lock is about 1' away from a bank of C4 dimmers, so I don't believe it is a ZigBee range issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm running OS 2.10.6

1 hour ago, ShrumpTheOrc said:

I've been running into this problem as well, I go through the register mode on the Yale Lock (Master Code>7>#>1>#).  Soon as I hit the last '#' it says complete, but I go back to my Director where I have the Connection page open for pairing, I've waited as long as 5 min and it never shows up.  My back door lock is about 1' away from a bank of C4 dimmers, so I don't believe it is a ZigBee range issue.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm running OS 2.10.6

Did you purchase the lock from C4? you need to. 

56 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

Did you purchase the lock from C4? you need to. 

no.  I pulled the lock from an existing C4 system when client upgraded from C4 to Savant.

So i think problem is with the lock not staying in pairing mode for more than 1/2 a second.  It immediately going 7>#>1>#>"Complete."  It's just weird because I've never had this problem before on other locks when trying to pair to C4. 

• 2 years later...

I finally figured this it out with my Yale Assure lock. Maybe this will help you.

1. remove batteries

2. remove the zigbee radio (it should slide out easily)

3. insert the zigbee radio (it should slide in easily)

4. Insert batteries (lock will start up and do some happy beeps)

5. Open C4 composer's zigbee network settings, select the lock (that needs identified) so you get the usual popup the asks you to identify the device.

6. On the lock's keypad:

Enter your master code

Then settings (gear) button

Then 7

Then settings (gear) button

Then 1

Then settings (gear) button.

The lock should do some happy beeps, then after a few seconds Composer should show the identification info.

Note: my first failed attempt was only steps 5 and 6. Only when doing 1-6 did it work.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I am also trying to identify a real living Yale lock in a project with version 2.10.6, but the only zigbee driver I can find for Yale is the smart lookcs one, I would like to know if that is the driver that works with this type of locks Or if you can tell me which driver I should use and where I can download it, thank you