C4 Forums | Control4

not control4 doorbell integration

volsla

Hello Ctrl4 PROs.

I am looking for the best possible solution in the situation where is not possible to run a cable to doorbell and use the control4 one. So, it is possible to use any 3rd company doorbell and integrate it with control4.

So, please shrare your experience of what doorbell (3rd pary) you used and integrated with control4?

thanks

I was looking to do this and I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the hikvision ds-hd1 doorbell. From what I understand the DS-HD1 supports ONVIF, 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi, 1080p, and has two-way audio. So not only will you be able to send the video to any ONVIF compliant NVR, but depending on your customers project, you’d be able to send triggered events (leveraging Ryan’s Web driver & Blue Iris) to T3s, with object detection / zone crossing.

Outside of the DS-HD1I haven’t seen any other wireless doorbell camera with comparable flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Any updates or ideas on ever getting Ring video/audio integrated into Intercom Anywhere?  I thought we had all discussed a while back that Control4 was attempting to integrate more readily with 3rd party doorbells and that Ring was moving in a similar direction...

ring will likely be no video integration. I know @Kevin L was working on it,but what i can tell its difficult to say the least. it will likely be doorbell and motion for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, marina_av said:

What’s a good Ring alternative if you do have Cat6? I don’t want to spend the money on a DS2 but would love video and event integration and PoE.

second doorbird but caution that integration is spotty at best from my experience. the doorbird app seems to work just fine. Personally intercom is so picky if you can get a data cable there somehow do it! there are even 2 wire solutions that will convert to Ethernet if you only have 2 wires at the bell.

DoorBird is probably you best best if you don't want to spend on a DS2. As Matt says, the integration is a little flaky, although I understand it may have improved over the year or two.

We put in a few DoorBird systems but completely dropped them as a brand after they (DoorBird) kept pushing out updates to their product which broke the integration with the drivers resulting in numerous truck rolls to site and all profit on that part of the job.

You could also look at the 2N Helios, Comelit Quadra and Akuvox R20 all of which are now officially supported in Intercom Anywhere.

Screenshot 2020-03-04 08.14.54.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.