C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Issues after factory reset

Hey guys, can anyone offer me assistance with my DS2? I have been working through intercom unreliability for years and I made the mistake of factory resetting the unit today and now it won't communicate. In the documentation it says you have to manually enter in the HTTP API ACCOUNT 1, however the credentials i'm using from composer don't seem to be doing anything. I get a constant offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a print of the log when I hit Auto Configure on the driver:

Sending Door Station Property Update (Debug Mode)
ExecuteCommand: Command = LUA_ACTION; ACTION = AUTO_CONFIG
Auto Configuration in progress
Auto Configuration Update Unsuccessful: {
  "success" : false,
  "error" : {
    "code" : 7,
    "description" : "invalid connection type"
  }
}
Content-Type=multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------C4DS2-Config-163829,Authorization=Basic cm9vdDo4SWszWHhhRERDRDdmNFY=,Content-Length=9353

6 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Factory reset of the DS2 has become much more of an issue since 3.1.

I did it and it took me an hour of fiddling (much to my dealers disgust) in the web interface to get it all working again.

I luckily had a backup of the ds2 from 2018 that I was able to reload. What a hassle though. I’ve honestly been really disappointed with the ds2 given how expensive it is and unreliable it has been for the low camera quality. Yes it physically looks nice but why is a ring or nest doorbell for a quarter the cost so much more reliable in my experience!

2 hours ago, indodude said:

I luckily had a backup of the ds2 from 2018 that I was able to reload. What a hassle though. I’ve honestly been really disappointed with the ds2 given how expensive it is and unreliable it has been for the low camera quality. Yes it physically looks nice but why is a ring or nest doorbell for a quarter the cost so much more reliable in my experience!

When it works, I love mine... I recently replaced it (after a lightning strike) and my new one has a much better picture (specs are the same though).  The driver is very iffy and they seem to break some fairly basic functionality every couple of driver releases... I’m currently eagerly awaiting an update with bug fixes.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Looks like I am in the same boat.

I believe I was beyond the firmware 2.25.2.34.13 (the firmware when they instituted the changing of the default pwd) but was having issues with the DS2 being unresponsive.

So, I decided to factory reset the DS2 and now I can't login to the Web UI with the default userid/pwd - it just says incorrect userid or pwd.

I need to go in there to make it not use 192.168.1.100 as the IP address but use DHCP instead.

And since its not using DHCP and my network is on 10.x.y.z, C4 can't see it either.

I don't think reverting back to an older C4 backup will help either, because now the DS2 is factory reset.

Looks like I am in a chicken-or-egg situation...

The only thing I can think of is changing my entire network to 192.168.1.1 and trying to see if C4 can identify it and give me the userid/pwd (assuming that its somehow not the default).

But that will be a crazy amount of effort as all my devices are using DHCP reservations on MAC addresses :(

Any other ideas - please help?

Thanks in advance...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.