C4 Forums | Control4

Light Ramp Rate Not Working As Desierd

xburntx

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to play with some lighting scenes in the house with Composer HE and the ramp rate I am trying to configure is not working as desired. For example I have it when my front door opens -> my living room lights ramp up to 100 over a period of time. What ends up happening is the door opens, the lights immediately go to like 80% and then they seem to ramp up to 100 but slowly. Not the desired 0% ramping to 100% over 5 seconds type of thing.

any idea? thx everybody.

I can forward some screen caps of my settings when I get home tonight if needed.

Could be a few things.  If there is a cold start value set to 80% the lights would immediately go to 80% for a specified amount of time then dim/fade from there.  Second it could just be a fixture/bulb that doesn't have a big dimming range so even though though it is actually being dimmed from 0-100% there isn't enough of a difference between 10% and 60% to notice it.  Are you sure they are actually jumping to 80% or does it just appear they get pretty bright right away?  Can you dim them down to 20% and they are considerably dimmer? 

I haven't noticed a cold start value set.

In my initial dealer install I can press and hold the dimmer switch on or off and it will ramp down nice and slow to either 0% or 100% or anything in between.

I can't be certain the value is 80% (haven't looked in composer) but yes they are pretty bright immediately after the action happens.

I'll grab some screen shots later this evening and add them to this topic.

Please have a look at my script.

I'd rather have it say Ramp to level 100 on the living room Kitchen over 1000 milliseconds (or whatever appropriate time I need).  the problem is the ramp rate doesnt seem to work, it goes straight to full power light. Any idea?

I can press and hold the physical dimmer switch and it gradually ramps up or down as desired, so I know the bulbs at least are capable of dimming.

Not sure what else I'm missing here.

Automation.png

This programming change from last night didnt act as it should this morning. What happened when I opened the mudroom door after 6am - the kitchen lights turned on...

No reason why they should... the program says only between 10pm and 6am.

I think it's the if less than 50% if statement that is causing them to ignore the Time check... is there a better way to do an else statement?

IF time between 10pm and 6am 

THEN ramp to 100

ELSE IF less than or equal to 50% during 10pm and 6am

THEN ramp to 100.

Sorry, I suck at programming... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.