C4 Forums | Control4

OS 3.1.1 Release Tuesday December 17th!

Matt Lowe

just updated first thing i noticed was my rokus stopped responding, i tried to reassign by roku player and none of them would show up in the list. I had to scan my network find the ips, set them by ip, then wait 10 seconds and the name of that roku wold show up in the list then i would marry the connection by roku player. If i notice anything else weird i will post it, just wanted to give a heads up.

2 minutes ago, DarthData said:

just updated first thing i noticed was my rokus stopped responding, i tried to reassign by roku player and none of them would show up in the list. I had to scan my network find the ips, set them by ip, then wait 10 seconds and the name of that roku wold show up in the list then i would marry the connection by roku player. If i notice anything else weird i will post it, just wanted to give a heads up.

Strange, no issue with my Roku Ultra. Worked fine after update.

9 minutes ago, Dunamivora said:

Strange, no issue with my Roku Ultra. Worked fine after update.

i dont have an ultra, but i have a roku 3, roku express, insignia roku tv  and tcl roku tv all work great with c4 and all is working well again. i would never recommend the insignia roku tv though. mine is very slow and junky compared to the tcl.

• Composer Media Edition has been discontinued for OS 3.1.1 and forward. This is related to the security changes to eliminate the default password. Homeowners who require this functionality can work with their dealer to get Composer Home Edition.
  • The System Manager Web interface found when navigating to the Controller’s IP address in a browser has been discontinued because it also relied on the default system password. Dealers can use the System Manager that ships with Composer Pro, found in same directory as the Composer Pro executable, or from within Composer Pro by going Tools > System Manager.
  • The standalone app for Network Tools has been sunset since it also relied on the default system password. All the same information is found in Composer Pro > Connections > Network.

the rest is update for dealer tools and has no effect for end users.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.