C4 Forums | Control4

Controller Issues

My system - Built around an EA-5 has been very flakey lately.

Over Thanksgiving, I had to reboot several times to get all of the Zigbee working etc.

Yesterday one of my WMS wouldn’t work and when I logged in it was “offline”. (I changed the battery and re-identified - but the previous battery is new perfectly fine and tested perfectly with my meter).

Last night I programmed my fireplace Z2io to fire for 20 minutes anytime the box temp dropped to 40 degrees. (I have the dreaded direct vent “draft”). At the same time I added the Christmas Tree Experience Button and added a few loads to one of my ALS. Both the fireplace and Christmas tree worked “once” (until I executed them from the app - which after each Icon disappeared and the controller locked up (said it was on OS 0.0.0.0). All of which completely wrecked my entire system. Hard reboots solved until each time I tried the buttons). I ended up deleting the Fireplace programming and Christmas tree experience button and it resolved... (I actually was up driving my wife crazy until 4am rebooting the EA-5 until I gave up and deleted the button and fireplace programming). I fell asleep back to a working backup only to wake this morning with all of my lightsmagically on... ughhhh....

Im not blaming the EA-5 yet, but I’m not 100% it’s not partly to blame. I’ll take the blame for either some bad bad programming code or maybe it’s something else.

Regardless, how would I program the fireplace Z2io to sense when the actual box temp drops to equal to or less than 40 degrees F and fire due 20 mins and I guess I should ask if anyone has had problems with the Christmas Tree button?

I’m always very tedious and careful with programming and testing, this one perplexes me.

Lastly, I’m going to post some additional “How To” and WTB posts. I didn’t want to get slammed with negativity over asking for new help or items while I’m dealing with this. Just need these ideas and items once I get this all sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, time2jet said:

I programmed my fireplace Z2io to fire for 20 minutes anytime the box temp dropped to 40 degrees.

Post programming please.

As per mitch I suspect you may be causing a loop or perhaps an overload in triggers.

Maybe post the tree programming too?

If nothing else we can eliminate programming or not.

you are programming your system into a loop.  You really want that to be on a timer and check the temp like every 5 minutes or something

Thanks! You’re the best pal.

I’ll attempt that Mitch. Are you saying not to use the timers already in the Fireplace Driver? Just create a new Timer in Agents? I’ve tried so many different ways. I read too much sometimes. Lol.

Post programming please.
As per mitch I suspect you may be causing a loop or perhaps an overload in triggers.

Maybe post the tree programming too?

If nothing else we can eliminate programming or not.

Will do Cy. Give me a few to try to knock out a few extra issues.

1 hour ago, time2jet said:

Thanks! You’re the best pal.

I’ll attempt that Mitch. Are you saying not to use the timers already in the Fireplace Driver? Just create a new Timer in Agents? I’ve tried so many different ways. I read too much sometimes. Lol.

no, not the timers in the fire place driver - this is a new timer for the Z2IO temp

You didn't nest your programming properly

Sorry, I didn’t mean to duplicate.

Hint?

Whole concept is:

If temp in firebox drops to 40 F or below, kick on fireplace for 20 mins.

So I created a 20 minute Fireplace timer in agents.

I started programming at the Z2io variable (temperature) with a conditional statement based off of the internal Fahrenheit temp variable.

If temp drops to less than or equal do 40 degrees F > start the timer I created & I added countdown code at the value “on” (versus a minute count)

Over at the timer:

When timer expires:
Countdown value = “off”

I couldn’t find a place to directly open and close the contacts (off or on), other than in the conditional countdown actions.

your programming is wrong.  Your if statements have no actions.  Drag the line with the arrow over the question mark.  This will indent it and make it an if statement.

Right now your timer is starting no matter what as you have an action in your If.

Composer Pro and they did not teach you to nest IF Statements in training?

Yes, sorry. That’s wasn’t where I was tripped up. It’s just I cannot remember on the Z2io’s how to program to open and close the contacts (unless it’s conditional). So at the end of the day, I guess it’ll be with a nested if statement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.