C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision/LTS Hybrid DVR Integration

OceanDad

I'm interested in what people are doing for the best integration of Hikvision DVR's right now.  I actually use an LTS (Hikvision Rebadged) LTD8424T-FA, which is a 32 channel hybrid TVI-DVR.  This has 24 analog TVI channels, of which I am using 6, and up to an additional 8 IP cameras of which I am using 5 at present.  The IP cameras are plugged into a POE switch, and the DVR discovers them on the network.

I've been playing around with the various Hikvision and LTS C4 drivers out there (including the latest Blackwire DVR driver), but integration is minimal.  The new Blackwire driver is good in so far as it allows me to view the sub stream within C4 OSD and iOS app without having to downgrade the main stream that I use for event recording.  You get to choose between the main stream and the sub stream in System Design properties, which is a step on from the older Hikvision drivers that I have been using.  However, what I was hoping to do was to use the motion detection that is enabled within the DVR for a given channel as the trigger event to automatically turn on a TV and view that channel, or to turn on some lights etc. The problem is that there are no events to program from in Programming.

Am I missing something ?

Even a simple IR driver might be worth having, as I currently use the HDMI output via my video matrix to send a camera view to various TV's.  Would be nice to be able to click on that display, and use the SR-250 in the same way that I would otherwise have to use a mouse to go full screen on a camera feed etc.

While on the subject, if anyone has the secret sauce to get email notifications working from the DVR, I'd be grateful.  I've read reams online about setting up gmail/yahoo accounts and people seem to have mixed results with the SMTP servers.  I get 'Test Failed' every time.

• 5 months later...

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.