C4 Forums | Control4

List of video doorbells supported in Intercom Anywhere

grant0830

• 1 month later...

Has anyone worked with these 3rd party models and have them working as stable equivalents to DS2s?

Wanting to upgrade from a SkyBell WiFi doorbell but would need to run a CAT cable, which will be difficult, if not impossible, as long as I don’t want to remove trim and sheetrock. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, LollerAgent said:

The Helios 2N, Comelit Quadra and Akuvox R20 all have drivers that shipped with 3.1.  3.1 updated the SDK that allows third party driver developers to support Intercom Anywhere s well, but I'm not sure that any have just yet.

No experience with any of them.

We did Cell-Gate for them during OS 3.1 beta which they showed off at CEDIA during OS 3.1 launch.

16 minutes ago, ERDrPC said:

but can it work with intercom anywhere. The app hasn't worked for me in a year. Still get video call to the TS but never on personal devices. 

at CEDIA it was announced hat Comelit, 2N and Akuvox would work.  Doorbird video stations "were up next"

https://www.cepro.com/control/control4-snapav-ovrc-cedia-expo-2019-scaling-smart-home-industry/

I did a little digging around and the 2N cost more than the C4 version (DS2 Mini) At least in Canada.

The Comelit stuff was even more expensive because you had to buy the gateway to get the thing to work and by the time your done with that for 1 door station it costs more than a DS2 mini

Then we have Akuvox which we couldn't find a canadian distributor for. I got in contact with them directly and their product has to ship directly from China every time. Which seems like a pain. But the Akovox is significantly cheaper than any of the other solutions. Dealing with people in China seems frustrating and for that I will stick to the DS2 for now.

So I dont think much has changed,. The DS2 is basically still your only option in Canada.

Doorbird would be great once its fully released and certified to be working properly

in the US Newegg sells some Axis/2n stuff for less than a DS2.  I guess you are stuck with the different pricing in Canada

My issue is the DS2 is too futuristic and wouldnt be approved by the wife.  The original DS was a waste of metal and electronic chips.  Before DS2 came out, I replaced my DS1 with a Holovision doorstation powered by VIO SIP hardware that had a driver written by Houselogix.  When Houselogix closed and the c4 SIP changed, I was SOL until Holovision got their hands on a 2n Video kit which I was able to put behind my doorstation to act as the guts and now it works great with the basic 2n drivers.  So I stumbled into this solution but the Holovision design is better for my house (and wife's liking) and it works in C4 so its a win/win and certainly a viable option.

Holovision has literally dozens of designs and many finish types (material/color) so its very customizable but you pay for it as it would be on par if not higher than the C4 DS2, but personally, I think its nicer with more options to fit your house's style.

Here are 2n kits cheaper than the DS2 (in the US at least)

https://www.newegg.com/p/0YH-00JV-009F7?item=9SIA25V9DU1682&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googlemkp-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googlemkp-pc-_-pla-ipc+store-_-surveillance+-+home+safety+%26+security-_-9SIA25V9DU1682&gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjkJei2tHfB007-vuri7NSm_Q4ChJ701sCIB6PxOjXW-pTIT7tYUOdRoCrPcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.posglobal.com/AXC-01273001.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAws7uBRAkEiwAMlbZjtYB4CYsy-0klryT69p9vmZc5Z8SaTxRXGUkZeE7UVPUMQyQdcqVrBoCtJwQAvD_BwE

• 5 months later...
So, DoorBird works well with C4 Intercom Anywhere ? Any specific drivers needed?

Yeah it does work very well in my opinion, I have 4 t3s and everyone has the intercom anywhere app on their phones and it never seems to not work or display video etc.

There is a driver you’ll need, it’s made by Cinegration and you can find it here

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/camera-intercom/doorbirdv2/

If you need help installing it please let me know

Thanks

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.