C4 Forums | Control4

Soundbar recommendations

dbuono

I am looking for a soundbar (no sub or surrounds needed) to pair with a Samsung 82” tv.  Looking for something that has optical in (so I can go direct from the TV) and that has a C4 driver (IR or IP can work). 

Any recommendations are appreciated.  

Thank you 

I am looking for a soundbar (no sub or surrounds needed) to pair with a Samsung 82” tv.  Looking for something that has optical in (so I can go direct from the TV) and that has a C4 driver (IR or IP can work). 
Any recommendations are appreciated.  

Thank you 

I'm also on the same boat! For curiosity, what would be the benifits to integrate the sound bar to C4 if it's directly connected to the TV?

The benefits of integrating the sound bar is so you can do things like

Control Volume, Change inputs, power it on and off.

He did mention connecting via optcial so you would need to control the soundbar as well. And ARC is way to finicky to rely just on that.

ChopedDogg hit the nail on the head though. We basically only sell the same ones he is mentioning,

Sony, Sonos, Heos.

The sony stuff is surprising good. And for its price point I dont think it can be beat. The HTCT800 is dirt cheap, comes with a wireless subwoofer and had SDDP IP drivers. It kicks ass and the product line only goes up from there.

And then of course you have the option of going the Passive Sounbar route and doing a Triad LCR soundbar with something like a Denon AVR powering it.

Usually we do the active soundbars because its a little easier. But if you really want something kick ass go with the passive solution.

59 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

And then of course you have the option of going the Passive Sounbar route and doing a Triad LCR soundbar with something like a Denon AVR powering it.

Usually we do the active soundbars because its a little easier. But if you really want something kick ass go with the passive solution.

.. and if you REALLY want something kickass, try to avoid a soundbar all together and do something like a traditional 3.1 or 5.1 setup :)

3 hours ago, EverAction said:

I love my Sonos Beam, but for the setup you have you want the Playbar. The Beam would look silly under a TV that large.

Playbar will also look silly under that TV.

Get a passive sound bar (custom width, if you want it to look really good) and do the Episode mini amp to power it behind the TV.  Drivers are available for the amp and it accepts optical or analog and can switch in between them.

Additionally, if you ever want to add a sub, it also has a LFE output. 

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Playbar will also look silly under that TV.

Get a passive sound bar (custom width, if you want it to look really good) and do the Episode mini amp to power it behind the TV.  Drivers are available for the amp and it accepts optical or analog and can switch in between them.

Additionally, if you ever want to add a sub, it also has a LFE output. 

I will look into this option.  I did not realize there were mini amps to put behind the TV.  Sounds promising and I know my other half would definitely like the custom width option better from a looks standpoint.

Totally spaced about the Triad One.  They do work fantastic and have much more power than the episode amp.  I’ve matched it with the Triad OnWall mini 2.0 soundbar and a Triad 8” box sub.  Sounded awesome and exceeded my expectations.

I would definitely try to get a sub involved in the mix though.  Not gonna get enough umph from just the bar.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:07 PM, dbuono said:

I will look into this option.  I did not realize there were mini amps to put behind the TV.  Sounds promising and I know my other half would definitely like the custom width option better from a looks standpoint.

Also check out this new 3 channel amp for behind TVs. Has a sub output too so perfect for creating a little 3.1 channel system with a soundbar and sub.

https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/amplifiers/ia40-3/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.