C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision NVR / Luma NVR Config Question

anon2828

Hikvision NVR / Luma NVR Config Question'

Q: In the configuration of the Hikvision (or Luma branded) NVR is it possible to change the IP address of each IP connected camera without breaking anything else?

The NVR is on the home network in the 10.10.10.XXX space.

The IP cameras are connected directly to the NVR and have been auto assigned in the 192.168.254.XXX space.

I would like to put the cameras on the 10.10.10.XXX space.  Is this possible?

Would doing this break anything else - specifically the Security view of the cameras in the Control4 interface?  I believe that the MPG stream for Control4 is coming from the NVR, so I cannot imagine that an IP address change of the cameras would affect anything.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.

OK,  that makes sense.  Is there any way on the NVR settings to give it a different address space, or is it by default always going to use the 192.168.254.xxx space?

I played around with the configuration of the NVR and it allowed me to change the address of the IP camera, but it then immediately was unreachable until I changed it back.

I don’t believe you can give it corresponding ip that is inside your network. So even though your nvr has 192.168.x.x the nvr assigns a diff ip to the cameras that are outside your network.  So you can’t get into ea camera individually to change settings etc.  you can only get inside the nvr.  So I keep all my ip cameras on my network Poe switch and then from the nvr I just do a search and it finds all my cameras.  

9 hours ago, Cyknight said:

On hikvisions, you can use the virtual host option, which allows you to reach each individual camera via {nvr ipp address}:650xx with xx being the port/camera (ie 65001 is port/camera 1).

Dont believe Luma has that option.

Yes, LUMA  does (at least the 510 does).  

1 hour ago, david@berto.co.uk said:

If you want to access the cameras on the 192.168.254.0 subnet you just need to set the default gateway on each camera to 192.168.254.1 and then set a static route on your router to route the 192.168.254.0 via the lan IP address of your NVR. 

Also an option, though not all routers will support this - using the virtual host option on HikVision (or apparently at least some of the Luma NVRs) is much simpler to set up.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, anon2828 said:

OK,  that makes sense.  Is there any way on the NVR settings to give it a different address space, or is it by default always going to use the 192.168.254.xxx space?

I played around with the configuration of the NVR and it allowed me to change the address of the IP camera, but it then immediately was unreachable until I changed it back.

you need to change the camera nic card ip at the NVR display to the ip pool that you want to use, under network setting. this can only be done at the unit, not web browser UI

1 hour ago, c4toys said:

you need to change the camera nic card ip at the NVR display to the ip pool that you want to use, under network setting. this can only be done at the unit, not web browser UI

Yes. I normally change to 192.168.254.254 and manually number the cameras 1 to 16 etc. 

The the benefit is you can access all aspects of the camera via its actual IP address rather thank just it’s web interface. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.