C4 Forums | Control4

Smart Lock - this one - work with Control4?

Does the Yale Assure Connected by August work with Control4?

This one: https://www.yalehome.com/en/yale/yalehome/residential/yale-real-living/connected-by-august/connect-august/

I know that there was a drive for August branded smart locks for Control4.  Would that same driver work here or is there a specific driver for the Yale brand that is "connected by" August?  It does use the same August WiFi bridge as the August branded locks (or similar) I believe.

For those wondering, I am aware and know that Yale makes this same Assure lock with a different module that allows for Zigbee integration and thus would (should) work with Control4.  The reason I am more interested in the August module version is that August provides some much better functionality including automatic unlock through Bluetooth, automatic locking through DoorSense, electronic shared keys, and integration through Alexa, Google, and Siri.

Please advise of any experience with this particular lock.

Do you specifically mean the Yale style? or the August interface?

Yale Assure Lever locks, both Button and Touch panel styles are available exclusively through Control4 with the appropriate zigbee radio.

Satin Nickel and Oil Rubbed Bronze.

The lock you linked too (which you would purchase wherever) would need an August lock driver, 3rd party available.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that Control4 sells a version of this lock which I imagine has the Zigbee module installed in it.  Then Yale also offers this lock and you can get it with a Zigbee, ZWave, or August module (which also includes the August WiFi bridge).

I want to do the Yale Assure Connected by August.

If I use the 3rd party driver in OS3, do I get the same Lock icon on a screen that I would with a unit purchased through Control4, or am I going to have some funky August icon that I have to train everyone what it is?

Any screen shots appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, anon2828 said:

Can anyone who uses this driver show me what it looks like in your OS3 system please?  Thanks!

Hey I'm looking for the exact same thing as you. I currently have the Yale assure lock with the control4 module in it but I would like to have the features from the august module. Have you made any progress?

Yes -  I got this working.

The native Control4 driver for August locks works - not only for the Yale brand (Yale Powered by August), but also for Emtek brand (Emtek Powered by August).

You get the standard Control4 lock icon under OS 3.x and everything works just as expected.  You have full functionality of assigning PIN codes within Control4 without having to go to the August App.  Using the August App does give you some more controls and options, but everything you really need is available under the Control4 interface.

It works really, really well and I am very happy with the integration.

I'm surprised that more integrators don't do the August module because it works over WiFi (*yes you have to plug in the included August WiFi bridge - which was zero issue and I've never touched it since) and you avoid all of the associated issues with Zigbee locks.

https://emtek.com/electronic-locks/empowered-keypad-smart-lock-deadbolt-connected-by-august

FYI: Emtek owns Yale now.  The August lock module is identical, just the style and finish of the door handle itself is different.  We wanted polished chrome which was not offered under the Yale brand, but was under Emtek.  Also, the Emtek lock is just overall more robust.  The entire thumb turn lock device (on the inside of the door) is ALL metal - not a stitch of plastic to be found - much more solid than anything else out there.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.