C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy Tahoma intergration

Tuur

Question

Is there any news about the intergration of the Somfy Tahoma box with Control 4 .

Can only find old Questions , Hope that meanwhile there is a solution for the Tahoma box to communicate with Control 4.

I have two custommers that have more than 15 windows using Somfy shades that want to control them with control 4.

I dont want workaround to control it with alexa or IFTTT. Just want the shades in the app .

Hope you have some good news for me 🙂  

12 hours ago, Digicasta said:

Hi have there been any further developements with Somfy Tahoma and C4 in the UK? What's the best method to integrate please?

The TaHoma driver only supports the North American TaHoma device.  There is no known support for the European TaHoma.  In Europe, a good solution to control RTS motors is to use the Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitter.  We have a driver supporting this on DriverCentral with simulated positioning to enhance user experience.  Using Bond is also an option.

Please note that if the user wishes to sometimes control the motors with TaHoma and sometimes with Control4, everything will likely get out of sync, which is not pretty.  It is best to use only one system to control the Somfy RTS motors, as they do not provide feedback.

Paul Biron

@C4 User  Since Somfy RTS motors provide no feedback, you need to understand that TaHoma will do its own thing, as well Control4.  So if you, for example, open the patio screens with TaHoma, it will remember that its last operation was 'Open' and assume that the shades are now open.  If you later close them with Control4, the TaHoma app will not know that the shades are closed and it will show them as open and assume they are open.  Control4 would also be in a similar situation if you do the above, but with the opposite device.  This is why it is never recommended to manage one-way blind motors from two different systems.

41 minutes ago, Digicasta said:

Does anyone use the Dtech RS232 to RS485 converter in the UK? To convert the Somfy RTS RS485 transmitter to RS232? If so does it need to be active?

For RTS, I recommend bond bridge instead. It's ip based (pro is Poe), cheaper, and easier

3 hours ago, Digicasta said:

Does the Bond bridge, work in the UK? 

Not sure. Might be worth contacting Bond directly to ask (it's basically a generic RF transmitter).

But its a great product.. And I wish I knew about it as an installer.

Because I've also heard of cases with some RS485 adapters which tend to freeze up every so often too (the Bond bridge is ethernet and POE, so it bypasses all that risk, and you could even reset the POE port from OVRC if you want, if you're using the Pro).

On 6/16/2021 at 12:11 PM, Studio5150 said:

Finally I follow this tutorial to control my shades. (Sometimes little but like today impossible to open one of the 3 shades ... why ??? I don't know...). But normally it's works perfectly. :)

Hi is this the same setup method for the RTS 485 driver on composer?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.