C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 for MAC

CTO

45 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Is this still USA only or has it been rolled out to the rest of the world yet?

Just install Amazon Store and Android Subsystem will follow, a handy tools afterwards is WSATool which will install C4 app and any other Android app on Windows 11. I have it installed on a very old unsupported Asus Server and works much better than Bluestack!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Just install Amazon Store and Android Subsystem will follow, a handy tools afterwards is WSATool which will install C4 app and any other Android app on Windows 11. I have it installed on a very old unsupported Asus Server and works much better than Bluestack!

As far as desktop virtualization goes, it's pretty seemeless -- one question though since I know you're using too:

Have you figured out a way to fully scale down the size? Played with some of the developer settings but, especially on my Surface (see screenshot), it's a bit large for my taste. I think it's aggravated by how the Surface upscales for DPI (as my ultrawide is way better).

C4_Windows11_Screenshot.png

3 hours ago, booch said:

As far as desktop virtualization goes, it's pretty seemeless -- one question though since I know you're using too:

Have you figured out a way to fully scale down the size? Played with some of the developer settings but, especially on my Surface (see screenshot), it's a bit large for my taste. I think it's aggravated by how the Surface upscales for DPI (as my ultrawide is way better).

C4_Windows11_Screenshot.png

Did u tried to resize it to be smaller and wider to have 3 icons per row and 3 columns with a small area at the bottom? Try to make the icons smaller, I have it as a landscape as well. Am pretty sure it has to do with your screen and Icons settings

13 hours ago, Amr said:

And you were able to do that with an "Egyptian" version of Windows 11 and without using a VPN to pretend that you were in the US?

29 minutes ago, Amr said:

Yes

6 hours ago, zaphod said:

And you were able to do that with an "Egyptian" version of Windows 11 and without using a VPN to pretend that you were in the US?

Amazon Store isn't still available in a lot of countries including Australia.. It won't even show up without sideloading it 

23 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

Amazon Store isn't still available in a lot of countries including Australia.. It won't even show up without sideloading it 

Well, we have Amazon.eg so I guess the app is available for us 😄

3 hours ago, Amr said:

Well, we have Amazon.eg so I guess the app is available for us 😄

Amazon availability is in a lot of countries, however, the store seems to be limited to specific countries (its probably a contractual thing). I tried to ask Satya on a Linkedin post when it would become available worldwide, and there was no comment 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.