C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 for MAC

CTO

I would love to work with you on these problems - i have not had these reported to me before. I am going on vacation tomorrow, but please contact me via my website, greenfieldsolutions.site and I want to dig in and figure out what is going on!

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

I would love to work with you on these problems - i have not had these reported to me before. I am going on vacation tomorrow, but please contact me via my website, greenfieldsolutions.site and I want to dig in and figure out what is going on!

Thank you 🙏 appreciate it, I will drop you a contact via greenfield website, u enjoy your vacation ...

• 7 months later...

How can I download the Control4 Desktop for Mac?  I download it from the Control4 website but when I double click to open it my Mac says there is no application found to open the download.  Do I need more software to even open the download from the Control4 website?  Also, my Control4 system is running OS2.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately I'm forced to use the control4 app on Bluestacks 4 for Mac ever since os3. Seems to be very clunky at best. Constantly signs out of my project. Seems off to me that Control4 would not support Mac anymore in os3. In my opinion...the whole automation thing seems geared more towards creative people who by and large use Mac.

My guess is the folks at C4 looked at how many downloads of Mac vs Winows plus considered Composer being a Windows-based application and decided it made sense to save some recurring money by dropping a code set.  While I liked having the Mac app, there are so many other access options (TV OSD, T3, SR-260’s, every iPhone and iPad in the house, etc.), I can’t really fault C4 for that decision.  Plus, the app does run on a Mac now - you just need a new Mac with the M1 chip.  The M1 chip runs all IOS apps natively.

Maybe a great reason to buy a new Mac!  The M1’s sure look cool and with the battery life of an iPad - nice.

Just now, cdcllc said:

My guess is the folks at C4 looked at how many downloads of Mac vs Winows plus considered Composer being a Windows-based application and decided it made sense to save some recurring money by dropping a code set.  While I liked having the Mac app, there are so many other access options (TV OSD, T3, SR-260’s, every iPhone and iPad in the house, etc.), I can’t really fault C4 for that decision.  Plus, the app does run on a Mac now - you just need a new Mac with the M1 chip.  The M1 chip runs all IOS apps natively.

Maybe a great reason to buy a new Mac!  The M1’s sure look cool and with the battery life of an iPad - nice.

They technically did not drop anything. The app you were using was a flash app that is no longer supported and was part of the navigator for os2 which was Flash based. The move to os3 made the flash Navigator obsolete which rendered the app Obsolete and as flash is end of life that app went away.

12 hours ago, anon2828 said:

Yes, and I can report that it works awesome.

Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 - MacBook Pro M1

It is awesome - Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 - Mac Mini M1.  Only thing that is odd is a purple haze over camera views (reported in previous threads by others too) which hopefully will be remedied in future updates by Apple or C4.  Otherwise totally awesome.

• 11 months later...
On 7/18/2021 at 11:55 PM, lippavisual said:

Use Memu Instead of Bluestacks.  Less bloatware. 

1 hour ago, C4 BEAR said:

Tried to get Bluestacks to work. No luck. Sure would be nice to run my Control4 stuff from my MAC.

Of note for folks, if you have Windows 11, you can use a free, near-native solution now.

Details in this and this article. (The second part, WSA Pacman, is required for the C4 app.)

On 7/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, Dueport said:

It is awesome - Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 - Mac Mini M1.  Only thing that is odd is a purple haze over camera views (reported in previous threads by others too) which hopefully will be remedied in future updates by Apple or C4.  Otherwise totally awesome.

Weird. Can confirm this doesn't happen with Windows Subsystem emulation, at least for me. In fact, the cameras load much faster than on my iPhone (with T3s not even in the race, ha).

18 hours ago, booch said:

Weird. Can confirm this doesn't happen with Windows Subsystem emulation, at least for me. In fact, the cameras load much faster than on my iPhone (with T3s not even in the race, ha).

Am using Android Subsystem on 2 windows 11 machines. One native and one forced Windows 11 and they work without any issue!

On 7/8/2022 at 9:00 PM, booch said:

It doesn't happen on my Mac.  What does happen since 3.3 is that it requires me to log in pretty frequently.  Other than that, works flawlessly.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, booch said:

Of note for folks, if you have Windows 11, you can use a free, near-native solution now.

Details in this and this article. (The second part, WSA Pacman, is required for the C4 app.)

Is this still USA only or has it been rolled out to the rest of the world yet?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.