C4 Forums | Control4

Peloton Audio Integration

Peloton spin bike audio from the built-in screen notoriously sucks.

For those not familiar, the Peloton uses a customized Android operating system.

I know that the unit uses MiraCast to be able to do screen mirroring, and uses Bluetooth to allow connection to wireless headphones, there is also an analog audio jack for headphones.

What I want to do is to allow the Peloton to connect to/through Control4 (I'm using a Triad matrix) and send stereo sound into the room where it is located.

What are the best ideas to accomplish this please?

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You can use a wmb to get a Bluetooth connection into your system

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Most of the time I have used native c4 encoding when using the audio input of a controller there is a delay so the videos audio will be out if sync. Not sure if the WMB will do the same since I havent tried using one for something like this.

If you can miracast to a TV and have a spare cat5 or 6 cable going back you can get a audio balun to home run it back to the head end from the TV

3 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Most of the time I have used native c4 encoding when using the audio input of a controller there is a delay so the videos audio will be out if sync. Not sure if the WMB will do the same since I havent tried using one for something like this.

there will be delay for sure

Going to try a Bluetooth receiver in the rack straight into the Triad matrix, OR, my Pioneer AVR has Bluetooth built-in.  I think I can get my dealer to use one of the outputs from the Pioneer AVR to go into the Triad Matrix and then feed audio to the room.

I also like the idea of the MiraCast to a TV in the room (will give me a "wife excuse" to get a TV for the last remaining room in the house without one) and then use an audio return balun as suggested.

Will report back with results.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, anon2828 said:

Going to try a Bluetooth receiver in the rack straight into the Triad matrix, OR, my Pioneer AVR has Bluetooth built-in.  I think I can get my dealer to use one of the outputs from the Pioneer AVR to go into the Triad Matrix and then feed audio to the room.

I also like the idea of the MiraCast to a TV in the room (will give me a "wife excuse" to get a TV for the last remaining room in the house without one) and then use an audio return balun as suggested.

Will report back with results.  Thanks!

I was never happy with the bluetooth solution...I tried to connect my Peloton via bluetooth directly to my Marantz 1508 AVR, the delay was unacceptable.  I then used baluns to send audio over Cat6, and that was a decent result.

I ended up installing a TV and casting/mirroring to a hard wired Roku, which sends the video and the audio to my TV...the best result by far.  There is about a 200ms delay between the peloton screen (which you can't turn off) and the TV/audio, so I end up covering the peloton screen with a towel since i'm easily distracted.

nVidia Shield + IRUSB + sideload the android Peloton App onto the Shield = Peloton on a TV, plus the audio outputs available via the Shield.  Downside to this would be that you'd lose your stats from your bike, because the Android app isn't getting that info from the bike.  The upside to this is that you can upgrade bikes and still get the Peloton classes. 🙂

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.