C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone using Ring Alarm system with C4?

c44me

There is no API (either cloud or local) from Ring, so no way to integrate it with anything outside of what Ring releases (i.e. Amazon Alexa.)

$10/month for monitored security, cell backup, and unlimited camera monitoring is a very compelling price point. But the lack of integration makes it suitable for only the most basic setups. 

23 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

There is no API (either cloud or local) from Ring, so no way to integrate it with anything outside of what Ring releases (i.e. Amazon Alexa.)

$10/month for monitored security, cell backup, and unlimited camera monitoring is a very compelling price point. But the lack of integration makes it suitable for only the most basic setups. 

It is operable without the pro monitoring for FREE as well.  i.e. app on phone with alerts etc.

55 minutes ago, c44me said:

It is operable without the pro monitoring for FREE as well.  i.e. app on phone with alerts etc.

That’s my understanding. But no video recording, cell backup, or central monitoring on free plan  

But perhaps could accomplish almost the same with C4 notifications of inputs being tripped. 

Archived