C4 Forums | Control4

Ask Alexa/Echo to play Amazon Music on C4?

swheel27

On 1/31/2019 at 4:41 AM, Wattsup said:

If you put a Dot in the rack connected to the c4 audio matrix input you can group that device within the Alexa app with another Dot/Echo and chose which speaker is used to output the response. Mine is set up this way and works great! Mitch (msgreen) did the remote programming for me.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:27 AM, msgreenf said:

yup! This is the best way to do it today and I am happy to help anyone else set it up!

Do you know If this is possible using  Amazone Echo Inputs instead of the Dot? Also, would the Album Playlist, Coverart etc show uo on the C4 touchscreens, TV's etc:

3 minutes ago, Waring192 said:

Do you know If this is possible using  Amazone Echo Inputs instead of the Dot? Also, would the Album Playlist, Coverart etc show uo on the C4 touchscreens, TV's etc:

nothing will show up on a c4 device - but yes you can use an echo input

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

nothing will show up on a c4 device - but yes you can use an echo input

Sounds almost perfect as the Inputs are only £25. Shame about the lack of C4 display. Is there anyway (even using Apple Airport Express’s, as I have about 4 doing nothing) to use the C4 display for album, playlists, cover art, etc using the outputs of any devices similar?!

34 minutes ago, Waring192 said:

Sounds almost perfect as the Inputs are only £25. Shame about the lack of C4 display. Is there anyway (even using Apple Airport Express’s, as I have about 4 doing nothing) to use the C4 display for album, playlists, cover art, etc using the outputs of any devices similar?!

no, airport express has no video - 

4 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Sonos connect or port would show album art. I have some dedicated to rooms (family room and kitchen, outdoor, and media room) and hardwired echos for much less important rooms (master bath and garage)

25 minutes ago, Waring192 said:

Sorry, did you say Sonos port for album info etc? Do you not use the built in music server for the EA3,5 and HC800?

it will play the music from sonos services. control4 will see it playing and turn the zone on and show that as the active source and content playing and populate the jacket art. If you use an echo then once it starts playing c4 will see that as long as the amp/matrix has audio sensing but there is no way to get the metadata of what is playing

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2019 at 8:04 AM, msgreenf said:

Yup. Exactly. Really now you could buy the echo input instead of dots

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hello, I have a Denon receiver with HEOS, Control4 audio matrix and Amazon dots in the house. Is there a way to direct HEOS from Amazon dot and use that as Control4 source?

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

no

Thank you. I sort of understand how to do the Amazon dot setup but may need your help with programming. Would be interested in doing some remote programming? Separately there is a HEOS C4 driver, what is a good use for it if any?

6 hours ago, aag said:

Thank you. I sort of understand how to do the Amazon dot setup but may need your help with programming. Would be interested in doing some remote programming? Separately there is a HEOS C4 driver, what is a good use for it if any?

Pls message me and we can discuss both. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.