C4 Forums | Control4

Help with WiFi camera

Luke

So my wife has given me the job of finding a baby monitor. I’m pretty sure I’m just doing a local audio only monitor with a WiFi camera.

1. What is the current best option for cheap WiFi cam that works with C4?

2. Does Nest cameras work? How about the doorbell also?

2. Logitech Circle 2? 

I have am amcrest indoor ptz that I use as a baby monitor. I have the wired version but they also offer WIFI ones. Works great through their app for baby monitor, can pull it up on control4 as well and have it recording to Hikvision NVR

I’d like to be able to view the feed in the C4 interface. Will that work on tv’s and iPhone? Or just TV/TS?

The main goal is to be able to buy something that will not just be useless in a year or so like a true baby monitor (RF signal)

My friends seem to be happy with Nest. I just don’t want to have to buy a blue iris server to get the feed in Control4. That the only option? 

I am using my Amcrest just like twmoonly is. Pulling one feed to Control4 (TV/TS/iOS app) and the other to my Hikvision NVR. It works great. 

Keep in mind that if you are running EA controllers, you will need to adjust you camera feed to 720p (1080p won't work). 

The camera is cheap and provides a good image. Nothing fancy about it. 

• 1 month later...

Archived