C4 Forums | Control4

Front Porch Light

Currently I have my porch lights on a schedule to come on to say 50% from sunset until 11pm. This all works perfectly. I recently added a security camera and would like the motion detector in the camera say if it senses motion to bring the lights up to 100% for 5 minutes then return to scene. 

It seems that you could just have the motion on the camera start/restart a timer when motion is triggered (along with a command for the motion to ramp the lights up to 100%). Then you could add a command to change the light state back to 50% when your timer expires.  

You could put in the same time range conditional you have with the light already as well. 

2 hours ago, rea said:

It seems that you could just have the motion on the camera start/restart a timer when motion is triggered (along with a command for the motion to ramp the lights up to 100%). Then you could add a command to change the light state back to 50% when your timer expires.  

You could put in the same time range conditional you have with the light already as well. 

Yeah I did that before but went the driver route as it didn't require programming and should handle it all. I play around with it more tonight.

51 minutes ago, twmoonly said:

I don't know you tell me? Program all your lights only come on to 50% and see if you can function. There is no need for my porch lights to be on at 100% for 4 hours every night. 

If you're possibly after energy savings, dropping to roughly 90% saves you the most.  Levels lower than that don't have as much effect on efficiency.  LED's usually need to be at a pretty low level to achieve a nice warm glow similar to incandescent lights.

If you're possibly after energy savings, dropping to roughly 90% saves you the most.  Levels lower than that don't have as much effect on efficiency.  LED's usually need to be at a pretty low level to achieve a nice warm glow similar to incandescent lights.

Yeah I understand. I have it at 50 because that is what the wife wants. We all know how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, twmoonly said:

Yeah I understand. I have it at 50 because that is what the wife wants. We all know how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always wrong when the wife is around...

sounds like you might be re-tripping your camera motion sensor when the lights go back down to 50%, then they ramp back to 100% because the camera detected motion.  Just a thought.  You could add another timer that is 5 minutes and 10 seconds to start when it detects motion, once the 5 minute timer expires and the camera detects motion, if the 2nd timer is running, do nothing.  Hope this helps.

Archived