C4 Forums | Control4

wireless and/or IP based doorbell to integrate with C4

c44me

The video doorbells typically have a video output, which you could put into a video server, either by Panasonic or Axis, and there are IP Camera drivers for either of them.

RyanE

Well then, guess I wasnt thinking that hard :lol: I thought there was something that kept me from thinking of it as a solution though...

I just for the life of me cant think of a scenario were my doorbell needs ip, tie the doorbell in to a contact on you C4 controller if you cant get a wire to the controller use a card access contact, place a ip camera if you want video and if you want a email telling you some ones there program for that.

if you want a phone line interface iv used these systems in the past using one of the relays to trigger C4 contact

http://www.logenex.com/teledoorbell_products.php

But to satisfy my curiosity c44me fill me in one what you had in mind that a ip door bell would help with

Would there be anyway to utilize the two way audio with Control4?

Also - any idea on what connections need to get from this to the closet housing all the equipment? I was thinking of buying the card access kit for doorbell integration, this isn't something I though of when I built my home.

This would be killer if I could figure out a way to integrate this.

ahh ok now i got it. Your best bet might be the card access contact route, if you mounted the doorbell button to the door with the card access on the back side, not ascetically the best but your kind of stuck not being able to cut holes. other wise im sure a wireless doorbell kit could be modified to work a contact instead of making noise if your handy with a soldering iron.

The video doorbells typically have a video output' date=' which you could put into a video server, either by Panasonic or Axis, and there are IP Camera drivers for either of them.

RyanE[/quote']

Well then, guess I wasnt thinking that hard :lol: I thought there was something that kept me from thinking of it as a solution though...

Thats what it was, the video doorbell uses a proprietary two-wire, in that you have to buy the doorphone base station to get the video out. The base station would be kind of redundant, my homes not that big. I just wanted the cool doorbell camera :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a conventional doorbell (audio only) which I would like to keep and use while at home.

I would like to add an outdoor IP Camera at the front door for use when I´m out. It should activate when the doorbell button of the existing system is pushed and deactivate when no more audio and movement is detected.

I would like the doorbell push button to originate a message or signal on my mobile (SMS, call) so I can connect to the IP Camera, talk to (and see) the guy at the door.

I guess that in order to do so the camera would need to allow external microphone and speakers which I woulf fit into the exsting doorbell case.

And I know a shop that provided IP wireless doorbell:http://www.espow.com/wholesale-3-5-tft-lcd-wireless-video-doorbell-doorphone-intercom-with-four-cameras.html

Archived