C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE HD Media Player

Ashraf

I have a NAS server for audio and video storage with ethernet connected, TV with IR connected and a DUNE HD media player of HDMI connected with TV...At that moment I need to play video from my touch screen.How can i integrate this? what is the binding process? Can u guys give me a clear concept about that?

Thank You....

No, it's not.

This is actually 'just' a matter of adding the Dune Driver and a network file storage driver for the NAS.

From there, scan the drive for media (under....media, scanning options) and if desired create a schedule to rescan.

Now how well your movies show up will depend in no small part on how they were ripped from all those dvds and blurays you own yourself right?

• 7 months later...

The MyMovies driver is purely to allow the system to incorporate the meta data from the MyMovies server into Control4 (vs using it's built-in, and not nearly as good database management) - so yes you would still want to use that driver.

And yes the Dune players (non-android!) are still compatible with it.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I have dune player and also a plex server running on a Synology NAS. Can I use the chowmain driver to scan the plex server and bring the catalog and metadata into control 4 and when I select a movie to play, can it just send the network location to the dune player so that it plays it direct and not as a client to the plex server?

4 minutes ago, alanchow said:

No you cannot.

Oh wow!! We used to be able to do that with My movies driver and when I chose a movie on the C4 app, it will send it to Dune and play it. What are my options to get that experience? I really don't want to use My Movies. I like the Plex library so much better.

@alanchow My dealer is trying to install your driver to bring the library into C4. Although, we are entering the right username and password and logging in, I can't browse library. It says "Server down". The Plex server is definitely not down. Can you please help?

WE FIXED THIS. No need to respond to this

@alanchow also, I have my movies in 3 libraries within plex. Only one of those libraries is showing metadata in control4. The other two are just spinning when I click on a movie 

LOGGED OUT OF THE PLEX DRIVER AND LOGGED BACK IN. That brought that library in. But, it is pretty random. Some movies show the screen with options to “view info” or “play”. Other movies are just a black screen with nothing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.