C4 Forums | Control4

Heat pump compatible with C4? VS/2stage/single speed?

Luke

Hey everyone,

My A/C/heat pump needs replacement. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a small house (1600 ft) and have been quoted for a Lennox 3T 16 Seer heat pump. I’m in Texas. My current system is Carrier Infinity Variable Speed that has required extra gear for C4 (Sam module) and also doesn’t allow scheduling. I’m not interested in direct replacement of the Infinity. 

Is the new C4 t-stat compatible with 2 stage heat/ac? All systems? Any recommended brands? What about variable speed systems? 

What about  a recommended remote temperature sensor? My t-stat is currently in my media closet and external Carrier sensor is in my living room. 

Thanks in advance!!!

Luke

I have 3 Carrier high efficiency two stage furnaces in my Dallas area Home with 3 of the new T-Stats and they work amazing. Also has humidify, dehumidify, air cleaning features and the scheduling features are very flexible. Heat pump set up as well. Probably best to review the T-stat features on the C4 website but it’s a substantial improvement over the original C4 stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived