C4 Forums | Control4

CES 2009 speculation thread

c44me

We had dealers talking about doing this with bluetooth, where it would have bluetooth modules around a house, and the system could 'triangulate', based on which bluetooth module you're closest to, but I've only heard of it as dealers speculating what could be done.

Interesting stuff, though.

RyanE

Saw a post on the C4 400 disk changer, though they said it was a "CD stacker" in the article, the pic showed the dvd logo. Also note the rack has a Netgear media player in it :)

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/CES_2009/J4K5R9V8

Nice, even if its just a rebadged 777. Just the psychology of having the 777s go away makes we want to snap up two of C4 changers if they see the light of day. The other nice thing about the 777 is that it plays SACD which seems to be a dying format these days (e.g. pulled from the PS3).

Very interested in the power monitoring, was looking at TED before I saw this thread. Now I'm stoked! Hopefully pricing will be good!

http://www.peaksoftwarecorp.com/index-2.html

The software will be free from Peak Software, but Control4 will require a $799 license fee and your dealer must come on site to install.

Sorry... I couldn't pass that up. :D

Rob

The software will be free from Peak Software, but Control4 will require a $799 license fee and your dealer must come on site to install.

Sorry... I couldn't pass that up. :D

Rob

LOL....And it will be backordered for 4 weeks because they don't have paper to print the activation code on! :P

So is it me or is there not much happening at CES this year? There's the "partners program" (other people's efforts) but not much else so far. Anything interesting at the booth? Are they showing the new Netgear media player? Any talk of a driver for it? Any photos of the booth?

There is already a driver for the Netgear EVA8000 in the current release of 1.7.1, I believe, and as I said up-thread, Control4 made a lot of announcements at CEDIA, that you shouldn't expect a lot of new product activity at CES.

We *are* having a Developer's Conference tomorrow that should be fun, but unless you're a dealer or partner, and you've already registered, you're likely a bit late.

RyanE

There is already a driver for the Netgear EVA8000 in the current release of 1.7.1, I believe, and as I said up-thread, Control4 made a lot of announcements at CEDIA, that you shouldn't expect a lot of new product activity at CES.

We *are* having a Developer's Conference tomorrow that should be fun, but unless you're a dealer or partner, and you've already registered, you're likely a bit late.

RyanE

You're right for pointing out that CEDIA just a few months ago was very strong for C4. I am was just wondering what else was being shown -- there were some cool things sitting around the booth last time that were interesting. There was a key fob, I recall, for example. I was also wondering whether C4 was showing the EVA8000 or the EVA9150, since the 9150 only just got officially announced but seems like a better match for C4 customers.

Anyone have booth photos?

The partner video is huge. Tons of new products integrating with control4. New security options, utility metering, etc. Also good to see them moving to the commercial industry with Johnson Controls. LG has a TV with Control4 built-in. (commercial at this time)

Panasonic has shown a phone system powered by c4.

"The beauty of the Panasonic solution is that "we are creating an intercom system that Control4 doesn't have," Hershkowitz says. "

http://www.cepro.com/article/lg_announces_first_tv_with_control4_automation_built_in/

So I'd have to say that CES is pretty big as far as partner announcement goes. Sure they didnt release 1.8 with a 1080p resoultion and turn on touchpanel intercoms or an even more bling remote than the SR250, but lots of other goodies.

MSI, is that partner video even from this year's CES? I dont see anything new in there and even the C4 equipment didnt reflect stuff announced at CEDIA.

The LG TV thing is interesting though. Is there any discussion around availability of the Panasonic product?

Archived