C4 Forums | Control4

CES 2009 speculation thread

c44me

Who cares. Won't be available, or SHIPPING... for a year or so anyway.

*curses while still waiting on iPod dock*

Edit to say:

Guess I'm just getting tired of the whole CES/Cedia presentations saying "THIS IS WHAT WE CAN DO.... SOMEDAY. BUT NOT TODAY."

I swear, you guys bitch when Control4 doesn't pre-announce anything, then you bitch when we do.

Make up your freakin' minds... :)

Mav: would you rather have the iPod dock *now*, or *working*?

The preceding was not an official Control4 response. Just a personal message from me, myself, and I.

RyanE

P.S. As I've already said in a different speculation thread, we still have things from CEDIA that are not shipping yet, I don't expect any new product announcements at CES. Typically, Control4 new product announcements happen at CEDIA, then are shown again at CES.

A few things are going to be shipping, a few may have future ship dates announced.

I swear, you guys bitch when Control4 doesn't pre-announce anything, then you bitch when we do.

Make up your freakin' minds... :)

The preceding was not an official Control4 response. Just a personal message from me, myself, and I.

RyanE

P.S. As I've already said in a different speculation thread, we still have things from CEDIA that are not shipping yet, I don't expect any new product announcements at CES. Typically, Control4 new product announcements happen at CEDIA, then are shown again at CES.

A few things are going to be shipping, a few may have future ship dates announced.

Ryan, I hear you man. People forget what they ask for. Personally, I would rather be on the side of showing us the pipeline even if some of it is speculative.

It will be interesting to see how hard all the companies are pushing new innovations, since revenues are down across the industry and everyone seems to be cutting back R&D.

well both would be nice! :lol:

I believe we're on our 3rd shipping date now, and from the emails from c4, they are 1200 or so backed up? We now have 3 clients waiting on em, so it's kinda hard to think about what MIGHT be available sometime down the road, when today we can't get stuff announced ages ago.

(and announcing this stuff to clients is proving to be a headache when we can't deliver)

I'm sure you can't relate since they send you things that won't even be announced til 2010 and won't ship til 2012! (<<< omg that's funny right there!)

Well we usually give them the shipping date that c4 gives us, but seems now that even that can change. It all boils down to the client really, some are patient and understanding while others just ... WANT IT NOW (like it's life or death, geez).

Anyway, so you think CES will just be a rerun of CEDIA, interesting.

I'd recommend that you announce it to your client as 'ship date unknown'.

Once you've got one in your hand, *then* announce it as available to your customer.

:)

RyanE

i just like knowing whats coming down the pike...then you have a sort of overall road map..

Yes, but as a verb, it's describing what someone is *doing*, not what they *are*.

I personally find that less offensive.

How about as an adjective?

Bitchin', dude!

:)

RyanE

true, and your extra use is impressive!. but--and i know im splitting hairs here....a *b* as a noun can be a female dog, and should offend no one. the verb, on the other hand, has no common-day application and would offend a greater number presumably because, well, it could never be construed as legitimate.. again, im a total word dork but thats the truth. yo.

From my Google News Alerts -

Control4 gave a glimpse this week of its CES plans, including Bill ... http://www.dealerscope.com/article/control4-gave-glimpse-week-its-ces-plans-including-bill-gates-style-automation-401480_1.html

Control4 this week announced its plans for new products to be rolled out at next month's International CES, including what the company calls "Bill Gates-style automation."

Dealerscope News - http://www.dealerscope.com/

But the page no longer exists... hmmm....

Digging around a little I also found the link here - http://www.zibb.com/retail/interstitial/newsblogs/Retail_Retail+Purchasing+&+Services so it appears to be a recent link.

Rob

The only thing I've read about Bill Gates' house that I can remember is that the house can track individuals, and as you walk around the house, your music 'follows' you. I'm pretty sure Control4 is not going to announce 'individual' tracking.

RyanE

It actually sounds like a placeholder article, that they intended to fill in with more info, and instead, it got posted accidentally.

That would explain why it was pulled so quickly.

Of course, this is all an opinion on my part, as I don't have any direct info on the post.

RyanE

The only thing I've read about Bill Gates' house that I can remember is that the house can track individuals, and as you walk around the house, your music 'follows' you. I'm pretty sure Control4 is not going to announce 'individual' tracking.

RyanE

Kind of like the feature in LinuxMCE that follows the remote? Your music/tv/video would follow it to the endpoint you were closest to.

RyanE

correct and it does it with RFID. allows for changing music, artwork on walls, temp etc etc as you move from room to room.

Archived