C4 Forums | Control4

Hikvision IP Camera Stream

Use the generic IP camera driver and input the streams for the cameras (see below). Set the main stream to whatever you want as the driver will use the sub stream. This is a way better approach, as you can now set your main stream to the highest quality. Main stream is what gets recorded. If you just use 720p on the main stream you might as well just install a 1.3mp camera.

RTSP Port 10554

Channel 1 Snapshot
ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Channel 2 Snapshot
ISAPI/Streaming/channels/201/picture

Channel 1 RTSP
Streaming/Channels/102

Channel 2 RTSP
Streaming/Channels/202

Make sure you deleted any text from the mjpeg box in the driver. Also make sure your sub stream is set to h264 not mjpeg.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

On 7/20/2017 at 3:57 PM, Matt Lowe said:

there is a KB article in the dealer data base that goes over how setup them up for use with control4.

Matt,

Is that privileged information or can you pm me a copy of the KB article on the HIKvision cams?

Thank you,

Eric

9 hours ago, ecschnei said:

Matt,

Is that privileged information or can you pm me a copy of the KB article on the HIKvision cams?

Thank you,

Eric

7 hours ago, JEC said:

Would love to see also if allowable . 

Some one tattled on my last time.

the basic jist is to set them to 720p 15 frames and use the hikvison driver

7 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

Some one tattled on my last time.

the basic jist is to set them to 720p 15 frames and use the hikvison driver

Understood.  I'll start there and if I have a very specific question would you be open "as a dealer" to answer said "specific question"?

LOL...I get it why they do it.  I do wish that control4 would offer a course similar to what the dealers go through but leave off the adding drivers and such.  I know that the idea has been mentioned in other threads but an online course/webinar I could only imagine being very good for the satisfaction of the customer base.  I know I struggle with wrapping my head around variables and some of the programming.  

Thanks Matt!

Archived