C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmable Outlet

Quick question. I have several C4 wireless outlet dimmers (not switches). Can i set it to work like a switch and then have it work with non-dimmable items like a string of Christmas lights? How do i make these changes. Thanks in advance for your help?

If the Christmas lights are not electronic, they should be dimmable, and should work on an outlet dimmer just fine.

If they are electronic, it would likely be better to get an outlet switch for them.

Be sure you don't overload the dimmer or switch, as Christmas lights take a surprising amount of watts.

RyanE

Oh, and to answer your question, the closest you can get would be to change the on and off ramp rates to be 0, which should turn them on and off pretty quickly, but even this will not present a perfect sine waveform to the lights as a switch would.

RyanE

• 1 month later...

What version are they? Where did you get them from?

If you purchased them from a Control4 dealer, he would install them, then update your system to be able to support them, and/or update the dimmers to the version you need them to be on to work in your system.

If they were DOA, your dealer could return them under warranty.

To reset a Control4 dimmer, tap the top button 9 times, then the bottom button 9 times, then the top button 9 times.

RyanE

These are Dimmer outlets... how do I tap on the top and bottom? My Dealer never finished my job, and is no longer talking to me. (yes I paid all my bills) So doubt I could return them to him, He put them in my system, but they have never worked, I don't think he could figure out how to install them. I am using composer 1.6 and not sure what version the outlets are...... any help?

Is there any method for end users to report dealers like the one flyingkev is referring to? Seems to me a dealer not finishing a job and not taking care of their customer is grounds for C4 to investigate whether that person deserves to keep their dealer license.

Archived