C4 Forums | Control4

Integrating IP cameras with Control4

bsb

Hello -

I recently had Control4 (EA3) setup at my house. We also had the company install an NVR and IP cameras for the house. I purchased them from LaView (https://www.laviewsecurity.com/hd-ip-security-ip-camera-lv-ptm2240-s.html). They are fully functioning but my dealer is not able to get them to work. They tried the Hikvision driver as that is who makes the cameras, but it would not work. They suggested returning the system and installing one from them which I don't want to do due to restocking fees, labor cost to remove and replace and higher price for similar equipment. I'd like to explore other options for ways to integrate these with Confrol4. The main thing I want to do is view them via the C4 home screen on the TV so we can see who is at the door. The LaView app is quite good, especially for playbook so I'll likely continue using it as well, just want to have these integrated into C4 given everything else is.

What are my options?

thanks!

There's also a talented gentleman@msgreenf who could potentially create a driver for the nvr or the cameras for display within control4. Blue iris is a very versatile nvr (byopc) but it does require a pc with decent hardware and a bunch of setup time. The learning curve isn't all that bad. If you have a mac, security spy is another software option comparable to blue iris.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

I had some similar issues with my Dahua nvr. I ended having to take the cams off the nvr subnet and putting them on the same LAN as the c4 controller and then letting the nvr pick up them up via IP. This works fine and there was no impact on network performance. It's just a bit less secure than having the cameras on their own subnet.  You might give it a try.  Msgreenf was also a huge help.  There are also apps you can download to your tv if it's a smart TV that will let you stream you cams to.  Or via Apple TV or roku etc.   these may work better than using director in c4. 

16 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I likely will not produce a driver or look into making one for this system. It's just not economically feasible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is this just due to not enough demand to justify your time? 

27 minutes ago, bsb said:

Is this just due to not enough demand to justify your time? 

pretty much, yes. I have had others ask me to write drivers, I have and then they haven't sold.  EVEN THE PERSON ASKING DIDN'T buy it...so I won't go down that avenue again

and I did a little research anyway..lol.  I can make a driver likely.  Not sure how much time I want to invest into it, but looking at what documentation I can find, I can make it work on any navigator that isn't flash.  So if you have a new system, with new touch screen's, new HC's and using Mobile, it should work.

it won't be advanced and allow ptz, motion detection, etc.  It will be basic video.  It will cost.  It will be $150 retail.

I will write it on your word that you will buy a license after.  It may not be perfect the first time since I don't have a camera to test on but you only pay if it works.  You will have to pay your dealer to install and configure it.

Archived