C4 Forums | Control4

All the 'other' buttons you want on the C4 remote control

c44me

Anyone have 'must have' option buttons suggestion(s) or recommendations for which buttons to program them to on the SR-250 ?

With all the TV apps and settings etc. it would sure be nice to have more then power on/off and volume up/down ?

Anything you could do with a device you can almost certainly do with the SR remotes and very few know that you can actually access more commands from device in the list help area.

but give us an example of what you want to do too!

29 minutes ago, c44me said:

all the TV apps

Here's my suggestion, stop using those mediocre TV apps and use a dedicated media streaming device - such as one that just lets you use the mini drivers to select your apps directly :)

Ok guys for starters 'apps', 'settings', 'video mode' (e.g. vivid, cinema, ISF etc.).  get the idea?  Or any others anyone has found useful?  and *which* button(s) on the SR make most sense?

That dog whistle is pretty innovative!

22 hours ago, kaarchie said:

Add a programmable button that has a light bulb icon on it, programmable for the main light load in room

I already use the colored buttons for light scenes (green all on, yellow all dim, red all off etc.)

This is more specifically about functions within the components (TV, DVD player, APP player(s), etc.)

On 6/14/2017 at 6:49 PM, Cyknight said:

Here's my suggestion, stop using those mediocre TV apps and use a dedicated media streaming device - such as one that just lets you use the mini drivers to select your apps directly :)

Neither the new OPPO 203 or new OLED TV are remotely (pun intended) mediocre at streaming or APP use

15 hours ago, kaarchie said:

Add a programmable button that has a light bulb icon on it, programmable for the main light load in room

You can already access lighting in any room on an sr remote from the list menu. I typically tie in light scenes to control whole groups of lights.

Archived