C4 Forums | Control4

Woods WiOn timers

Luke

They make a box specifically for pool pumps...

• Multi-voltage control 120V, 240V, 277V, Outdoor rated; lockable metal enclosure

But I see your point... could probably do the same thing with a few switches much easier. 

No they make an outdoor enclosed box with a controllable multi voltage outlet that they say you can use with a pool/spa . It's not specified as a pool controller ;)

C4 has switches for 120/240/277 available (not all in one but you'd just get what you need anyway...). Timer and other programming is nothing C4 doesn't do already.

Nu hub means cloud control only, which means a constantly changing API, assuming they even have anything of the sort - unless someone can hack the Wi
Fi connection. With what we have already (in C4, or third party) I don't see this line adding a lot of extra's - for potentially a lot of effort (unless they have a published API, but considering they don't even seem to post full specs on their site..

In the end, it's just another outlet switch.

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Cool, thanks man. I'll look for other pool options. 

Pentair works well although there is one minor bug in the free C4 driver. There is also a paid for driver out there which I asked my dealer to get for me but he never gets any response from the driver developer so I am not sure what's happened to that...

Archived