C4 Forums | Control4

Changing dealers

GoBigBlue

Good morning,

I am unhappy with the service from my Control4 dealer. He was very helpful during setup and working the bugs from our system. In the past two years, however, he has become less and less response to service requests. My two emails requesting a new driver integration have been ignored. I would like to find another dealer. I have a few questions:

1. I don't want my current dealer to have any access whatsoever to my system. Is there a way to restrict ALL remote access to my system.

2. Other than Yelp or Google reviews, what's the best way to find a dealer who is willing to work with new technologies and third-party drivers (like those from @alanchow) has excellent customer service, and will not relegate "older" customers to the bottom of his to-do list?

Thank you.

Hi @GoBigBlue.  One of the great things about Control4 is that you can change your dealer whenever you wish.

This is great from the client's point of view and I see it as a good way for companies like mine to gain new client's who are not happy with there current dealer as well as ensuring customer satisfaction is met.

We strive for the best client satisfaction and have a number clients that have migrated to us.

@alanchow makes a good point about dealership status.  These statuses are based solely on sales in a particular time period, so whilst a dealer may be a Platinum status and shift high numbers of Control4 equipment, there's nothing to prove they offer the best in aftercare for their clients.

It is possible to restrict all access to you system and I'd be happy to discuss this with you if you drop me a personal message.

2 hours ago, Alex Lewis said:

Hi @GoBigBlue.  One of the great things about Control4 is that you can change your dealer whenever you wish.

This is great from the client's point of view and I see it as a good way for companies like mine to gain new client's who are not happy with there current dealer as well as ensuring customer satisfaction is met.

We strive for the best client satisfaction and have a number clients that have migrated to us.

@alanchow makes a good point about dealership status.  These statuses are based solely on sales in a particular time period, so whilst a dealer may be a Platinum status and shift high numbers of Control4 equipment, there's nothing to prove they offer the best in aftercare for their clients.

It is possible to restrict all access to you system and I'd be happy to discuss this with you if you drop me a personal message.

I just want to echo what Alex said. I find NO relationship of Control4 dealer status to SERVICE. Purely based on sales, to my knowledge. I picked my initial dealer because he was local and because he was a platinum dealer. I ended up not going with him because he could not provide references for service after the sale and he could not show me, hands on, how C4 worked with DirecTV. Turned out that less than about $15k of sales was under his radar. I get my best service from remote integrators here on the forum, specifically @AK1

6 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Purely based on sales, to my knowledge

It's not THAT simple actually (not sure what I am in fact allow to say on the subject) but no, service -as such- is not a deciding factor. DISservice however can be an influence, C4 has a department for the end-user to turn to.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.