C4 Forums | Control4

Problems setting volume

Shardik

I am trying to schedule Pandora to come on at a certain volume for my wife in the morning and can't get the volume to respond. I'm using a Denon AVR-x4100W on IP control. I read somewhere on here that sometimes this is an issue with Denon. However, upping a photo of the programming I've done since I'm still pretty new to this in case I'm doing something wrong. If this is just a case of the Denon, would RS-232 make a difference? Thanks in advance for any help. 

14509313_10153668822911599_22514063_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Try adding a small delay before the volume command. If the room has a default volume, that volume command might be overridden.

There is not a default volume for the room. If I should still try this, can you tell me how?

So after putting in that delay and then hitting execute, it shows the volume in the app at 40 for a second or two then switches to whatever volume it was on previously.

Sounds like it doesn't support that. Do you get a volume percentage in the app?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Ok looking again it does have a % sign. Must have missed that. I tried a 5 second delay. This time it started at the previous volume, switched to 40 for a second, then switched to 55. This would seem to suggest that it does support discreet control and that some other programming is interfering, I think?

Weird it seems some of the time it uses the default volume, and some of the time it uses the previous volume. At no time can I get the programmed volume to work. I've looked around and can't seem to find any other programming that would interfere, but as said I'm still pretty new to this so maybe I'm missing it. At least I was able to set the default volume to 40 so I don't get woken up in the morning by my wife's thrash music lol. it does seem to go to 40 every time I execute that programming even if I change the volume in between tries. 

Have you checked if the receiver has it's own 'start-up' volume set - that could be interfering.

As for the programed volume - I'd add a 500ms delay before it, or perhaps even start with 2 seconds, see if it's consistent - could be that the Denon is refusing to do volume change, for example because it's switching inputs at the time.

Archived