C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 press release

Bullseye

Bingo!!!

Option 2: Where Napster (Rhapsody) are being provided into the Control4 system into an Audio Matrix Switch or Matrix Amplifier, a Sonos CONNECT could be added to the system to provide the Napster (Rhapsody) stream to the home (system must be running OS2.5.3).  A driver for the Sonos CONNECT is available for OS2.5.3.

NN No need to offer native support for Napster on 2.5.3 .  You can easilly buy a Sonos Connect (cashing) to keep enjoying Napster!!

Lucky me I am on 2.8

Bingo!!!

Option 2: Where Napster (Rhapsody) are being provided into the Control4 system into an Audio Matrix Switch or Matrix Amplifier, a Sonos CONNECT could be added to the system to provide the Napster (Rhapsody) stream to the home (system must be running OS2.5.3).  A driver for the Sonos CONNECT is available for OS2.5.3.

NN No need to offer native support for Napster on 2.5.3 .  You can easilly buy a Sonos Connect (cashing) to keep enjoying Napster!!

Lucky me I am on 2.8

He was trying to provide alternatives. Just like ms isn't patching windows xp. Control4 can't patch such old stuff

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

He was trying to provide alternatives. Just like ms isn't patching windows xp. Control4 can't patch such old stuff

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

I know in ce everything changes so fast.  But, xp was released in 2001. just 15 years ago.  

When was 2.5.3 released??  2014??

57 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

I know in ce everything changes so fast.  But, xp was released in 2001. just 15 years ago.  

When was 2.5.3 released??  2014??

yes, Feb 2014.  Does Apple support an iPhone OS from 2014?  Does Apple patch bugs on that release?

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

yes, Feb 2014.  Does Apple support an iPhone OS from 2014?  Does Apple patch bugs on that release?

More to the point, does Apple work to make new apps work on devices that can no longer be updated to the latest/later OS devices? That sentence answers itself...

So back to the point of this topic. it seems that the new driver will be released shortly and it seems we don't know what all we can / can't control at this time.

Based on the CEPRO article it seems we may be limited. I'd like to get more information on what can be done. I've not pulled the trigger on Sonos yet. I've been thinking of getting the sonos connect and tieing that into my audio matrix switch since I already have speakers installed throughout the home. I know EV has had their driver out for a while, but with this I may finally jump in if the driver integrates ok.

I love my Sonos through Control4.....the only thing I would love to see is if I could pick a Sonos service (like Apple, Amazon, etc) right from Listen menu instead of first going into Sonos to see it, and then going to Favorites to saved playlists....fingers crossed it addresses this?

10 minutes ago, derickson1472 said:

I love my Sonos through Control4.....the only thing I would love to see is if I could pick a Sonos service (like Apple, Amazon, etc) right from Listen menu instead of first going into Sonos to see it, and then going to Favorites to saved playlists....fingers crossed it addresses this?

This can be done with mini drivers. Ask your dealer, this feature has always been available.

I'm going to check it out in person at CEDIA in a few weeks.  I just dream of an end to those dreaded "my spotify stopped working again" email from customers or "set up service in sonos first" error even though its already set up when building the project. If this fixes those issues, then WooHoo!

I thought 8.1.3 fixed it too, but I haven't had great luck. It took 5 or 6 tries to get Spotify back up and I cannot get the deezer mini driver to work for anything. Works under services when you drill thru but the mini just says "add to Sonos first". 

You should be able to create any event based programming when using the mini drivers since they show up under the trigger list.

As a dealer, my issues have been with the long term driver bugs associated with setting up Sonos music services on Control4. Specifically Spotify and the 2.8 mini drivers in particular. Two service calls today in fact. 

I've got close to a 100 of these systems running currently and trust me, the Sonos drivers are buggy. Hopefully, the new API release will finally take care of it.

Archived