C4 Forums | Control4

Denon AVR-X4000 Serial cable control not working

c44me

Unable to get the Denon X-4000 to work properly with serial control.

Anyone else have issues controlling the Denon X-4000 via serial?  Using Control4 driver and 1.74 system

I have it working with IR no problem...

thanks!

I have this model at home, and I'm using the IP driver with it. Though I havent been on 1.7.4 in some time, the issue may be that the serial/ip driver isnt for use on that version of Control4.

Looking at the documentation for the driver,  it was certified on OS 2.5.0+ and can also be used for IP control as well. Disconnect the serial binding at try it this way:

Ensure that:
- IP Control is set to "Always ON" (for IP control)
- HDMI Control is set to "OFF"
- Network cable is plugged into the receiver

2. IP (OS Version 2.2.x or older)
   Manually add the receiver to your project and enter IP Address of the receiver into Composer:
    1) Manually add the driver to the project from the Online Database within the Search tab. 
    2) On the Composer/Connections/Network Tab, enter the IP Address of the Receiver.
    3) Close the Identify window.
    4) Go to System Design and verify that the receiver is connected to Director by looking at the "Connected To Network" property on the Driver Properties page. It should be true.
       Note: It might be false for a short periods after the setting change of the network.

Archived