C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 updates

kajphotos

Cyknight.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the IT230 and Neo interface needs.

Question, have you seen post 26 of this thread?  It says that C4 has a driver for DSC Neo.  Is this not right?

Thank you very much.

Yes I read it - and it's poorly phrased. I'm aware C4 has a driver for all those mentioned. But not all of them are ready for release.(which the post sort of motioned in saying that they are not av available yet)

I believe the 230 and 280 may use the same driver - the point was more that the 230 will not work for the NEO, you'll need the 280.

And I still say until it's here - I can't be sure (how well) it will work, not can I know it's limitations and/or requirements.

ONLY the Concord driver is out at this time, unless things changed since I looked last night.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"BEST ANSWER Cyknight21 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

HE for some reason is uninstalling the adapter driver, but not installing it.

You can for now manually just download it from OenVPN's site: https://openvpn.net/.../downloads.html

Scroll down for Tap-Windows, installer NDIS6 - when prompted to select what to install once downloaded, you only need the virtual ethernet.

One thing I have on occasion noticed, that sometimes you need to open the network and sharing centre for the virtual network to start (network icon, right click open network and sharing centre - that's all you need to do).

This last bit may have more to do with my laptop mind you - it did this in Win8 and Win 8.1 as well so...."

This was posted in General 
HCE Windows 10   .... 21 oct.
Read the whole section.

I updated to 2.8 - EVERYTHING and I mean everything worked perfectly - no issues what so ever so far. Been on it now since it came out. Highly recommended - LOVE - positively adore PANDORA.

Automated backup - killer.

This is a great system.

Bill

I updated to 2.8 - EVERYTHING and I mean everything worked perfectly - no issues what so ever so far. Been on it now since it came out. Highly recommended - LOVE - positively adore PANDORA.

Automated backup - killer.

This is a great system.

Bill

I know you said everything, just not getting why remote access is working for you without the fix .....hey what do I know?

the driver doesn't work with the 128 yet.  it only works with the vista 10/15/21p

But it does require the new driver to be installed

Arghh! Just saw this post. Will they be releasing a driver for the 128bpt? I dont understand why Control4 would release drivers for just the lower line. Obviously, home automation is often installed in larger, higher end residential homes that require the larger alarm panels. Seems to be a missed opportunity.

Arghh! Just saw this post. Will they be releasing a driver for the 128bpt? I dont understand why Control4 would release drivers for just the lower line. Obviously, home automation is often installed in larger, higher end residential homes that require the larger alarm panels. Seems to be a missed opportunity.

I can't talk for there reasoning as such - I suspect they simply looked at what was used in the field and talked to Honeywell.

The driver MAY work with the 128 - but will be limited to 3 partitions IF it does.

Any update? I emailed Houselogix on when they would have the HSIM updated and they said by end of year. Did you hear something different?

The c4 driver is in external beta with expected release end of November

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I know you said everything, just not getting why remote access is working for you without the fix .....hey what do I know?

OK - not sure what remote access you are talking about - I use the Control 4 on my iPHONE and it works fine.  I will say that there seems to be a lag time now that did not use to be there. Also sometimes when I connect on the phone it does not "sync" up and show me the current status of the house like it used to. I shows me what the status was the LAST TIME it connected to the house. Then 30-seconds to a minute later it updates and shows me the current status of each light.

Can you clarify - what "remote access" are you talking about?

Bill

OK - not sure what remote access you are talking about - I use the Control 4 on my iPHONE and it works fine.  I will say that there seems to be a lag time now that did not use to be there. Also sometimes when I connect on the phone it does not "sync" up and show me the current status of the house like it used to. I shows me what the status was the LAST TIME it connected to the house. Then 30-seconds to a minute later it updates and shows me the current status of each light.

Can you clarify - what "remote access" are you talking about?

Bill

Using ComposerHE Remote Access feature.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been doing this for that long and I'm definitely an amateur but I can't remember seeing this many problems / quirks with an update. I think I'll continue to stay away from it for awhile

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 8:10 AM, Matt said:
Yes, Control4 has completed the following panels: 
  • DSC (IT230 & Neo)
  • Interlogix Concord 4 (Superbus 2000)
  • Honeywell Vista (15-21, not 128/256)
More to come. Your dealer may have to contact technical support to get the updated drivers. I’ve reached out to the teams to see when these updated drivers will be posted inside composer.
Matt

Is it possible to remove bindings from the security system (Concord 4) using the driver? There are 2 zones showing as open in the driver that we cant figure out what they are bound to.

Archived