C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 updates

kajphotos

I’ll message the Security Team. I am not finding it either. It does require you to remove and re-add/re-configure the new driver once available. Please note that your firmware must be on 04.81 or greater. 

Support bulletin has been updated to confirm the Security UI drivers aren't there yet, so hopefully that saves a lot of wasted time going forward.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice the temperature is now gone from the navigator top bar in 2.8 with the infinity eddy screens (that's all I have looked at so far)?

Service has been fully restored. The source of the problem was an overload from a particular call, and that made the machines cascade failure. Our weather service provider was able to figure out the exact problem and block that call and have been able to bring the services back up. 

Sorry for the interruption in service this has caused today. They have taken steps to stop hits like this from coming in at such a rate and to protect their webservers from the cascading load problems. 

Thank you again for your patience, 
Matt

Service has been fully restored. The source of the problem was an overload from a particular call, and that made the machines cascade failure. Our weather service provider was able to figure out the exact problem and block that call and have been able to bring the services back up. 

Sorry for the interruption in service this has caused today. They have taken steps to stop hits like this from coming in at such a rate and to protect their webservers from the cascading load problems. 

Thank you again for your patience, 
Matt

Yep all seems to be back to normal on my end too!  Thanks Matt!

Reading through the new OS 2.8 update info on Control4.com and it says you can now stream from iOS devices without having ANY additional hardware.  I was thinking of getting a music bridge because of our new Family Plan on Apple Music.  Can you really stream anything or just music on your iOS device.  And...  how does it work?

Reading through the new OS 2.8 update info on Control4.com and it says you can now stream from iOS devices without having ANY additional hardware. I was thinking of getting a music bridge because of our new Family Plan on Apple Music. Can you really stream anything or just music on your iOS device. And... how does it work?

It's an airplay destination on the idevice ui. So should be anything.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Anyone see that the Vista driver is not available yet?  I asked my dealer and he said it's not in the driver list in Composer yet....

Just got word from Control4 that the driver isn't done, it still has a bug and documentation to be finished.  they expect it to be out soon, a few days after CEDIA.

Had some issues this morning with playing a playlist with some cutouts during play.  It's not my system as nothing has changed, no previous dropouts in audio, and streaming internet radio has not dropped out.  My main controller is HC800 so not sure if this is a 2.8 bug but this just occurred after doing the update.

I'm also now having no success in accessing my system remotely since the 2.8 update. Has anyone tried using Composer to access their project remotely? (controller and composer are both 2.8)

What error you getting? Does composer connection work locally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no ability to connect remotely with the 2.8 software..  Can anyone replicate this issue?

I confirm, can't connect remotely. Also, I don't have an update option on the Tools Menu in Composer HE 2.8.

How do you guys update your HC800?

Just heard back from my dealer and my system is online and functioning as it should.It appears that it may have something to do with the Control4 servers and 2.8.

Oh the quotes I could slip in here if this is fact !

I've been wanting search forever!  YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see any SEARCH function on the SR250 remote....

I still think the idea of having to roll through every letter of the alphabet without being to multitap on the numerical keys is cumbersome.  Even if you select ALL under like ARTISTS, you still can't do the numerical button taps as you used to be able to do.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it....

Archived