C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 updates

kajphotos

You have to have an HC-800 as the master controller for ShairBridge, but the audio can be shared over the network to audio end points like normal. 

So if you have a HC-800 master, and a HC-250 slave outputting your audio, you can use ShairBridge. 

If you have a HC-250 master, you cannot use ShairBridge.

I put Pandora in my house this morning and showed the wife. She liked it!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice the temperature is now gone from the navigator top bar in 2.8 with the infinity eddy screens (that's all I have looked at so far)?

Not related to 2.8.0 this would impact all systems - 'Our weather service provider is currently experiencing performance and outage issues related to some of their weather services. Weather services could be intermittent or unavailable for some customer systems. The provider is aware of the issue and working to restore services as quickly as possible'

Matt

But now you can search!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

I used to be able to search by hitting my 5 button 2 times for example if I wanted to advanced to the K's.... now I can't... this is a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.  So I'm supposed to hit my down arrows or page down buttons to get to the artist? lame....

Another bug....

Using the Android app, under thermostat settings via my Android phone, the thermostat is set for 61/80 on my schedule but yet the thermostat on screen display shows 60/80 with current temp of 65.  I had submitted a thermostat bug previously which was acknowledged by C4.

I used to be able to search by hitting my 5 button 2 times for example if I wanted to advanced to the K's.... now I can't... this is a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.  So I'm supposed to hit my down arrows or page down buttons to get to the artist? lame....

Change is always difficult ;)

It's different - but I suspect that if you use it for a bit you'll find the 'new' style is preferable.

Quick screen shot of 2.8 on Android.  HC800 updated, Android program updated.  Incorrect thermostat readings.  One shows the actual schedule (nice addition), the other shows the graphic which incorrectly displays the temperature range.

You're not in a preset. Change your hold to next event and see what happens. 

Matt

Most US maybe - it's been out for over a year in the US however. Launch was September 15th 2014

According the their website, "Deezer, the streaming music service, will soon be available in your country."  Not sure how to sign up if available.

Initial is exclusive through Sonos - not sure if current account could be used for the driver right now. Exclusivity should end soon if memory serves.

For those curious - Deezer Elite/Premium+ is HQ audio streaming - depends on the region i'm sure but around 10 dollars a month.

You're not in a preset. Change your hold to next event and see what happens. 

Matt

Just changed my settings to VACATION hold mode and that changes to correct setting.  However, changing back to OFF hold the HEAT (lowest number) does not adjust to what it should be..... bug

Hi everyone,

I'm absolutely stunned that C4 did not have the native integration for Spotify in the 2.8 release. To me it seems like a no brainer given that Spotify is one of the biggest subscription music services out there. Far bigger then Tidal is given what I read in the news. Maybe I'm missing something here and would love to get everyone's 2 cents. 

Hi everyone,

I'm absolutely stunned that C4 did not have the native integration for Spotify in the 2.8 release. To me it seems like a no brainer given that Spotify is one of the biggest subscription music services out there. Far bigger then Tidal is given what I read in the news. Maybe I'm missing something here and would love to get everyone's 2 cents. 

probably not a technical reason for not integrating it, as much as a business reason (maybe C4 couldn't get an agreement with them).  Just a guess though, could be wrong.

To me it seems like a no brainer given that Spotify is one of the biggest subscription music services out there

And also one of the the hardest to deal with (the company, not the protocol).

I'd agree with above - more likely a 'business' issue than a technical issue

Archived