C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 updates

kajphotos

Are the drivers available in 2.8 already?  I have a concord4...  just want to be prepared when I upgrade.

Yes, Control4 has completed the following panels: 
  • DSC (IT230 & Neo)
  • Interlogix Concord 4 (Superbus 2000)
  • Honeywell Vista (15-21, not 128/256)
More to come. Your dealer may have to contact technical support to get the updated drivers. I’ve reached out to the teams to see when these updated drivers will be posted inside composer.
Matt

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Matt..do you have any idea on how to check firmware on the Concord 4? I can't find how to do it online anywhere. Thx!

From the keypad -> Menu Option-> Select System Version  -> Go through the selections until you reach SW Version 

Matt

From the keypad -> Menu Option-> Select System Version  -> Go through the selections until you reach SW Version 

Matt

Thanks Matt.   Few things I've noticed with the 2.8 iOS app.  First, it looks great.  I use a 6 Plus and it pops out a lot more and fills the whole screen again.  You've also fix the Lutron ceiling fan speeds that went missing after 2.7.  That said, 2.8 brings some others bugs I've noticed:

1) I use a RadioRA 2 system for lights/blinds/ceiling fans.   2.8 fixed the ceiling fans, as mentioned above, but now the blinds in iOS don't look right.   In prior versions, if blinds were open, there was a blue notification on each blind letting you know it was open/raised.   That blue notification disappeared after updating to 2.8.  Up/Down/Stop is still there and works, but now if I'm in another room, I don't know if the blinds are open or not, as that notification on their status has disappeared.  My wife was surprisingly the one who noticed as sometimes when my daughter wakes up she raises the blinds in her room before she goes in to get her and couldn't tell if they were open or not when she went to do it this morning.

2) From a rooms main screen, the TV symbol under watch isn't accurate sometimes.  Usually it's a blank screen if the TV is off or it fills in a blue screen if the TV is on.  Sometimes, the screen is blank when it should notify as on.  It'll change to blue when first put on, but sometimes when I reopen the app, it'll be blank, even though it's on.   Then again, sometimes when I reopen, it properly shows it with the blue screen indicating it's on.  I've only noticed it wrong a few times, but can't say I've ever noticed it wrong before in prior versions.

Yes, Control4 has completed the following panels: 
  • DSC (IT230 & Neo)
  • Interlogix Concord 4 (Superbus 2000)
  • Honeywell Vista (15-21, not 128/256)
More to come. Your dealer may have to contact technical support to get the updated drivers. I’ve reached out to the teams to see when these updated drivers will be posted inside composer.
Matt

Can't wait to load the Honeywell driver!

So if I have an Honeywell vista icm module, will I get the new proxy ? I have a 128 fbp panel, but I didn't think you could tell what panel was behind the icm module.

the driver doesn't work with the 128 yet.  it only works with the vista 10/15/21p

But it does require the new driver to be installed

the driver doesn't work with the 128 yet.  it only works with the vista 10/15/21p

But it does require the new driver to be installed

So just to clarify, the ICM reports what panel its talking to?  Or maybe a difference in the panel protocol?  I thought the interface to the ICM was the same for whatever it was controlling.

So just to clarify, the ICM reports what panel its talking to? Or maybe a difference in the panel protocol? I thought the interface to the ICM was the same for whatever it was controlling.

I think and this is a wag, the driver works w the bcm which is what the earlier Vista panels use. I think that is probably why it's not compatible with the icm. But that is a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new security proxy requires new drivers. Yes, your dealer will need to remove and add in the new driver to get the new security interface. 

Matt

Does this mean reconnecting the bindings and re-programming events too?

Yep - but understand that you only need to do this IF you want to use the new interface - old driver continues to work - jut uses the old interface

Glad I haven't connected up my new DSC panel to Control4 then yet. Finally, procrastination pays off!  :)

So this Pandora. A move from my HC250 to an HC800 is needed?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Pandora is currently running on an HC-250 here at the office, however Shairbridge will require an HC-800 from what I've heard and read.

Pandora is new to everyone - so requirements are unknown (this apparently was something of a secret - this is all done in cooperation etc with the companies) exactly at this time.

Much like I did with 2.6 I may put up something for 2.8 - I'm just swamped right now.

Yes

I was afraid of that. I would assume then that even if I wanted to upgrade to 2.8 I DO NOT HAVE to upgrade my FREE DSC driver with a paid one? Obviously I would not get the new UI.

ANSWERED Post #43

Pandora is currently running on an HC-250 here at the office, however Shairbridge will require an HC-800 from what I've heard and read.

Correct. HC-250 will run Pandora/Tidal/Deezer (am I the only one that had never heard of Deezer till last night?). HC-800 is needed for Shairbridge.

I upgraded my system to 2.8 this morning. I removed Pandora from my system that was powered by my Grace Digital and added the new Control4 Pandora driver. Seems fine so far...

Archived