C4 Forums | Control4

2.8 updates

kajphotos

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know the current state of all drivers - but Concord will get a new driver that will use the new interface.

Compatibility as such is not limited (no lost devices etc), but be aware that some features of 2.8 (Shairbridge for example) require you are running an HC800

Nothing of note here so far, except this:  you are supposed to get the new Security UI if you have a supported system (it will use the new proxy).  I have Concord 4 and still have the old UI.  I see no new drivers to load in search.  I would normally try just deleting the driver and re-installing--but not going to do that with security.

Anybody else?

Nothing of note here so far, except this:  you are supposed to get the new Security UI if you have a supported system (it will use the new proxy).  I have Concord 4 and still have the old UI.  I see no new drivers to load in search.  I would normally try just deleting the driver and re-installing--but not going to do that with security.

Anybody else?

I’ll message the Security Team. I am not finding it either. It does require you to remove and re-add/re-configure the new driver once available. Please note that your firmware must be on 04.81 or greater. 

Matt 

I’ll message the Security Team. I am not finding it either. It does require you to remove and re-add/re-configure the new driver once available. Please note that your firmware must be on 04.81 or greater. 

Matt 

Firmware is the likely issue.  I didn't see that referenced anywhere and I'll have to dig up my docs to figure out what firmware level I'm on.  Thanks.

shairbridge is available inside composer 2.8.0.

Matt

I have 2.8 installed and also have a hc800 but still didn't see some of the new features but I believe Pandora and shairbridge has to be add in buy a dealer !! As per chow

They are only native on new projects

I have 2.8 installed and also have a hc800 but still didn't see some of the new features but I believe Pandora and shairbridge has to be add in buy a dealer !! As per chow

They are only native on new projects

That's correct. If you want the new drivers those drivers must be added into your project. 

Matt

Matt 

Ok, no luck finding out how to determine firmware levels on my Concord (it was installed in 2011).  But I can't even find an online driver for Concord (tried Interlogix also) using search.  So I'm not sure what the issue might be there.

Will the new security interface work with DSC? Will My dealer need to reinstall a DSC driver or will it just work after updating to 2.8?

The new security proxy requires new drivers. Yes, your dealer will need to remove and add in the new driver to get the new security interface. 

Matt

The new security proxy requires new drivers. Yes, your dealer will need to remove and add in the new driver to get the new security interface. 

Matt

Are the drivers available in 2.8 already?  I have a concord4...  just want to be prepared when I upgrade.

Matt

Hi Matt..do you have any idea on how to check firmware on the Concord 4? I can't find how to do it online anywhere. Thx!

Archived