C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody cutting songs

Heck of a first post.  I did not know that old thread existed, thanks.  I know you don't want to hear it, but you may want to invest in a Sonos Connect--at least the Sonos driver should be free now, at least to your dealer (see EV getting bought by C4 news).  Don't think of it as a workaround, since like you say who knows when it will be fixed.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck of a first post.  I did not know that old thread existed, thanks.  I know you don't want to hear it, but you may want to invest in a Sonos Connect--at least the Sonos driver should be free now, at least to your dealer (see EV getting bought by C4 news).  Don't think of it as a workaround, since like you say who knows when it will be fixed.

So, again my rant notwithstanding, I want to hear anything and everything so suggestions welcome. Interestingly my rep did recommend the SONOS Connect last week to replace the Music Bridge. I did some research and it does everything I want: Pandora and Spotify (which, I'm sorry, blows Rhapsody away. The UI is better and cmon Led Zepplin), but what I can't tell from researching is what I can't tell. I'd appreciate any reviews, thoughts things you like or don't.

From what I can tell both Pandora and Spotify will show up in the panel interface (which I've wanted since the beginning) with Extra Vegetables. True? 

I wonder why didn't my rep tell me this before-hand if it was a better alternative?

Any info would be welcome.

Thanks!

-T

P.S. If this topic isn't appropriate for the thread lmk and I'll move it

Heard back from Rhapsody on Twitter: "Thank you. Your name has been added to the list. Hopefully we will have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience.-am"

This list only lets me know when they have a solution in place. I'll pass it on when or IF I receive something. 

Services appearing in the main 'Listen' menu is both a feature of 2.6, as well as the updated Extra Vegetables Sonos driver.

2.6 update allows for the Media Services Proxy to be used by 3rd parties.  Prior to 2.6, it could not be used to place those additional services there.

RyanE

FYI This problem went away when I updated to 2.6.  I've had this issue for ~6 months now...  Since updating to 2.6 I have played and replayed lots of songs I was unable to play before and haven't had one skipped song.  Is anyone here still having this problem on 2.6?

From Dealer Site:

"We believe that Rhapsody and Limelight have identified the issue that was causing tracks to be cut off. They implemented a fix that we tested for a couple days on a test server with no tracks being cut off. And the good news is, this fix went into production today (9-13-14)!"

so probably just interesting timing.

There's some logic in there actually.

With Rhapsody being re-done as it was for 2.6 - an (specific) issues on the Control4 side would have been likely found had there been any, so focus would have gone to the other side (well before 2.6 release to public) - exact timing still a bit coincidental, but not unrelated

Must be requested, and please search for Cyknights thread about considerations, right now there are few compelling reasons to upgrade. (yes there are some)

Thanks for the heads up. Which of these http://www.c4forums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1 as " Scan not working in Composer HE" unless I missed it, didn't seem to talk upgrades. 

Archived