C4 Forums | Control4

Dish Network Hopper & Joey

Bullseye

I am a current dish subscriber but I am moving to Florida and debating if keep my account and equipment or do a new account and get the new Hopper/joey/super joey. What would you do?

How's your experience with the newer equipment??

Does the c4 driver for Hopper is working?

get the new account. get all the new customer benefits. i have 3 hoppers and 2 joeys in my home driver working to control all of them via ip and it works splendidly. I have not had a chance to use the super joey, but Dish does tend to put out a good product.

Does the hopper driver run on IR as well? Or is it only IP? I have a hopper receiver still in the box sitting on my mechanical room floor and haven't got around to installing it yet. I want mine to run on IR and not IP.

Just curious...why would you prefer IR over IP?  Is it an issue of what cable is available at that particular location?

Just curious...why would you prefer IR over IP?  Is it an issue of what cable is available at that particular location?

Dish is not supposed to be used in Canada so I can't plug it into my main Network. I have 2 networks in my house, one is a separate VPN network with a US IP for Dish and Hulu and therefore can't plug dish into my CDN network which is the network that my C4 system is on. 

So I'm forced to use IR.

And quite honestly i prefer IR control over IP. I had several IP devices (TV's)  in my system that only seamed to work 95% on C4 certified IP drivers but when i switched to IR drivers they work 100%. 

Archived