C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Alarm programming - having trouble with scrolling of zones

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Controlfouruserguy and digitaltrader - any info you need me from to help?  Just let me know.  But yes, its in the instruction manual.  There is also a key for 3 button codes for popular words.  For instance instead of having to key in each word for Kitchen you could press 2-3-4 (making up those 3 numbers) and that will give you Kitchen.  Big time saver.

Controlfouruserguy and digitaltrader - any info you need me from to help?  Just let me know.  But yes, its in the instruction manual.  There is also a key for 3 button codes for popular words.  For instance instead of having to key in each word for Kitchen you could press 2-3-4 (making up those 3 numbers) and that will give you Kitchen.  Big time saver.

Ive got to try and locate the installer codes first.  Any idea what the default installer code is?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to this thread.  Since I interface to my DSC exclusively through C4, I hadn't really looked on the KP during this discussion.  I've been having some trouble with the system (mysterious two-beeps at all hours of the AM) so I went to one and noticed all the zones are labeled in accordingly.  So, it would appear I have the same problem(?) as you had. 

Do you have an older keypad?  Again I swapped out my panel, but that was not enough, so then I had to add 1 new keypad to the mix.  So now I have 3 old keypads and 1 new keypad.  Just broadcasting the signals from the new keypad was enough for Control4 to start to see the zones.

did you try these two steps:

1) Broadcast labels: enter installer code, go to section 998, hit * for yes

2) Enable auto Scroll: enter installer code, go to LCD programming (*), then go to section 076 and select option 8 (make sure 8 is lit) then exit programming

Archived