C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe Find My iPhone Geofence Driver

phileaton

Neil, Are you referring to the EV driver? There was a problem with the initial patch we released to address the delays after a small change in the iCloud API. A new patch was pushed late last week via auto update. It is version 7.0.3 for EV.

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look at it.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now totally p'd off. I've restarted, deleted, reloaded and events are still fired 15 to 30min late and sometimes in the middle of the night. Meaning while I'm sleeping it announces that I just got home and my front gate is opening. Totally crap!

• 1 month later...

Phil, my wife has the new iPhone 6 with 8 .1 software and is working fine. I have the iPhone six with the 8.1 software and there's about a five minute delay.any advice? Can you remind me again about the frequency polling. Is it the higher the number I put in there the more it polls or the less and what are the suggested numbers currently.PS the only difference between my phone and my wife's phone is once Verizon and the others AT&T.

Thanks

Adam

The naming of the properties is unclear. I apologize. We actually renamed these to use the word interval instead of frequency in the EV version to be more clear. In the pre-EV version:

Maximum update frequency is the shortest time allowed between polling. Ie if set to 60 seconds it won't poll more than every 60 seconds. I use 30 seconds.

Update interval is the number of seconds between updates. This is used in manual poling. I suggest using smart polling for most people.

Frequency while at a location is the number of seconds between polling while at a location. Ie home. Longer numbers save power but cause a little more delay firing events when you leave. I use 300 seconds.

If you both have the same settings on your devices then I suspect the accuracy of one of the providers is less than the other. The driver uses gps, wifi and cell tower location. Whichever is available. You could increase the geofence radius on the device that is experiencing the delay to attempt to fire earlier. I use 0.3 miles but I have heard from people who need more depending on their circumstances. Maybe try 0.5 or 0.7 miles or something similar if you use kilometers. I hope this helps.

Phil, are you migrating from the EV portal to Houselogix, or are you keeping everything at Synapse?  I was in the process of having my dealer help me move to EV but with the news that portal is going away kind of glad I put that off. 

• 1 month later...

Ok, so is everything moved to HouseLogix now?  And are you actively migrating those users on EV/Synapse to the new platform upon request?  My driver quit working and I would prefer to troubleshoot on the new platform.

I can't get any answers to support queries so far and something is definitely broken with my 1.04 driver.  Anybody else?  From HE, looks to be stuck "initializing iCloud session".  It isn't even close on the battery life reading on any of my iOS devices (on two different iCloud accounts) so who knows when it last successfully updated.

Phil is working with me.  Might be something related to two-factor authentication changes Apple has made.  Anybody else using that?  Because with Apple's track record, you should turn that on if you haven't already.  Maybe not before we figure out if that is part of the problem I'm having or not.

Even if you haven't been actively using FollowMe, you might be able to tell by recently decreased battery life in your iOS devices, which I'm relatively sure is related to this problem...

Just to add I have not updated iOS on my devices recently, and in fact my wife's device on a different iCloud account is on an even older iOS version.  

I did update, though not before the issue started.  My wife is also on an older version and is having the same issues

Same issue for my system on 1.0.4. 

In the log it shows: 

Initializing iCloud session.

Session initiated.

Refreshing iCloud data.

Unable to obtain location data, please check your username and password and try again.  (100)

Getting the name of the iCloud server 

Username and password have not changed. I tried to input again, but no success. 

Thanks for working on a fix. 

Archived