C4 Forums | Control4

New Composer HE for the HC-1000??? Can't get it to work... Help!

Big Tex

I was going to say you need a more recent version of composer, but then I re-read and noticed that you're using composer me. I believe on of the past updates to composer pro added the ability to communicate with the hc-1000. I'm sure a dealer will chime in and tell you how to fix. Good luck!

tum

I was going to say you need a more recent version of composer, but then I re-read and noticed that you're using composer me. I believe on of the past updates to composer pro added the ability to communicate with the hc-1000. I'm sure a dealer will chime in and tell you how to fix. Good luck!

tum

Straight from the horses, er dealer forums mouth.

The Composer ME download referenced by the http://my.control4.com front page has been updated to the latest 1.3.2 build (.318). This will also be updated on the dealer download site but hasn't been done yet. If your customer is already running Composer ME 1.3.2 they do not need to update unless they have either the Amp v3 or the HC-1000 installed in their system.

Thanks,

-Eldon

Those clowns. Why would they release a new product and not have ME support or atleast have it available on the download site. Great...I have this new bad daddy device that I can't load any media on.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think C4 needs to allow customers who spent tens of thousands of dollars getting this system installed and especially the ones that have 4sight service to have the ability to update their HE app without reliance on their dealers some of whom are still incompetent (dealers on this forum actually know what they are doing so thank goodness for them) and then others who are so busy that they either cant complete the original projects appropriately forget emailing their clients about downloading a new version....

ryan - is there any way clients can get an email alerting them about a new update or there is some update functionality built into the the composer he that allows to download the new release? this would be very progressive and frankly very much appreciated.

Those clowns. Why would they release a new product and not have ME support or atleast have it available on the download site. Great...I have this new bad daddy device that I can't load any media on.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex, I think the latest version IS available for you to download and use. Based on Elvans note the version available at my.control4.com is the latest version needed for the HC-1000.

Happy to report that the HC-1000 is installed and superior to the MTC it replaced. It's 10 to 15x faster.

Once I finally got the right composer software (thx guys) I was able to scan and load. The HC-1000 scan took 28 hours where it had taken 46 on the MTC.

Searches, loads, playback, scripts...all significantly faster.

Great product. Finally have a C4 system that rocks!

Long as hell, even with my collection 75,000 songs it won't take that long. I have everything on a NAS though... speed of the drives might be better, not sure where the lag is in scan, if it's pulling album info, or scanning itself...

Yes, all from scratch on the internal drive of the HC-1000. Why you ask? Do you think that's long or short?

Wow...now you guys have me freaked out and yes I do have some very obscure stuff. I live in Austin, Texas and we have a ton of live music from little bands most people haven't heard of. So I assume those scans (small bands) might take a little longer but not as much as you guys allude to.

Could my home network have anything to do with this? It shouldn’t right…since I was scanning off the HC-1000’s internal drive…

I have 247 gigs of music on the HC-1000. For music I have 57,576 files stored in 4,129 folders. For album covers (images/album) I have 33.7 Mb across 12,020 folders.

Thoughts??? I always thought the scan was slow but another friend copied my drive and it took his MC a long time as well.

Does my internal home network play a role in the scans? I have several routers and a sloppy internal network (Cat 6). I get outside just fine and receive up to 7.5 mps from my Time Warner Modem but I was wondering if having several routers and hubs would have anything to do with C4 performance. I have 5 to 6 hubs and 2 routers around the house. I tired a WAP but it wouldn't ever work with C4 touch screens.

Thanks for the good feedback!

Archived