C4 Forums | Control4

Boston Acoustics TVee Model 25 Sound Bar integration

c44me

anyone used one of these? I bought it on a whim last night. wondering best way to integrate it with C4 since it seems to run off an existing remote? but the C4 is using IR bug to the TV. so I guess I'd need to splice that to both? or run a 2nd IR bug to it (doubt I can manage that). ideas???

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/US/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Pid=TVeeModel25(BostonAcoustics)&CatId=HomeAudio(BostonAcoustics_US)&SubCatId=Soundbars(BostonAcoustics_US)

thanks!

I have one, and I hate it. The sound is good but volume in the normal listening range goes from too low to too high with one volume up push. I'm almost done building my house with C4 automation and the sound bar isn't going with me.

I know that doesn't help with your question, but I thought maybe you'd want to know. Hopefully you won't have the same problem or can integrate yours nicely.

Were you using the TV speakers before the soundbar purchase? Does your TV have a variable volume output on RCA? If yes, connect it to the soundbar and set the volume to mid level.

Then use the TVs volume control to raise and lower the volume. Leave the soundbar always powered on. No need to add IR control to soundbar.

I usually split the IR going to the TV and put one on the sound bar and redo the TV driver with the volume codes from the sound bar. This way you don't need to add any new drivers to c4. Effectively the sound bar becomes the TV's speakers. Most sound bars can be set to auto turn on when they detect output from the TV and they usually power down after 15 minutes or so of inactivity.

thanks guys good suggestions. yes I have been using the Samsung LN46A650A built in speakers up to this point. the plan was to use the Optical Out to connect to the soundbar (I read the RCA's sound lousy). I had considered the always on option and may do that but hadn't looked into or seen anything about auto on and/or off?

and it arrived missing a leg piece :/

• 2 years later...

Archived