C4 Forums | Control4

What I Look For In A Customer

Remember there are dealers / gurus on here that you can allow remote access to your system to make changes at reasonable rates with no truck roll fee.

He said he doesn't want a dealer.  He went "indy" what ever that means

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not discretionary upgrading - how about replacing broken or outdated stuff.  How about adding new stuff to new places in the home.  My house as designed is changing rapidly with 4 small children growing overnight and rooms are getting moved around, basement is now finished, theater is done, we got rid of cable and prefer streaming, etc.  It's not like I'm just swapping out stuff for newer toys, we're adding to the overall network.  It just seems odd that I can't do that myself.  For a recent example, I just bought an Axxess Wireless Doorbell and programmed all the chimes for holidays, birthdays, anniversary, blinking the lights in the theater, muting TV's or Music in rooms when it's rung, etc.  All simple stuff through ComposerHE.  Now I just want to add the Doorbell to the system and I have to call a Dealer.  It's 15 taps on the bell to join and 8 to enter setup, you load the driver, add it to the system and off you go.  It's not rocket science.  Any homeowner can do this...  or is this such a sophisticated industry?

Again, no one can offer me one reason to not offer ComposerPro for an annual fee with a waiver on if you jack your system?  There is none, that's why.

^^So, bottom-line, you want CPro? Because, if that isn't the case, I don't think we need to revisit the whole James thing again. BTW, my system has been in for 5 years without a complete rip-out. I don't think you mean this but surely you can't ignore the fact that discretionary upgrading is just part of evolution.

As for the rest of your post, well, it can be added to the 10s (maybe 100s) of others like it here. Lastly, I bet you would think that AMX for an 800ft^2 dwelling is SUPER-overkill, huh?

Yes, AMX is overkill. No question in anyone's mind.

Now I just want to add the Doorbell to the system and I have to call a Dealer.  It's 15 taps on the bell to join and 8 to enter setup, you load the driver, add it to the system and off you go.  It's not rocket science.  Any homeowner can do this...  or is this such a sophisticated industry?

You'll be there for awhile if you're trying 15 taps to join.

I forgot about this thread.

After reading the first post in that thread, it's obvious how narcissistic this guy is.

Holy moly this guy is delusional.  It must be the Orange County effect.  Everyone is sun bleached there...

WOW - How judge mental can some be. Nothing like judging a book by its cover. Here is an example of what one client thinks of my company and myself. It's just one of a few that are similar.

I highly recommend James for his integrity, honesty and quality of work to anyone in need of a knowledgeable and trustworthy AV/Media Design expert. James has done an incredible job of developing great relationships with his clients and his follow through skills are outstanding! He can always be counted on to do an outstanding job. (KL)

You can read more reviews about myself and my company at Houzz.com. All 5 star reviews and in fact we won the 2014 Best of Houzz Award for for Customer Service. I can guarantee that EVERYONE of my clients will say what the others on Houzz are saying.

I forgot about this thread.

WOW - How judge mental can some be. Nothing like judging a book by its cover. Here is an example of what one client thinks of my company and myself. It's just one of a few that are similar.

You can read more reviews about myself and my company at Houzz.com. All 5 star reviews and in fact we won the 2014 Best of Houzz Award for for Customer Service. I can guarantee that EVERYONE of my clients will say what the others on Houzz are saying.

Might I suggest that if someone calls you narcissistic, the best response is probably not to talk about how great you really are. ;)

Just had a friend install control4 in his home.  His dealer botched the install with several items no being controlled properly and was told thats how the system is supposed to work.  This dealer was already on to the next customer and took his $60k.  I'm helping him to get this fixed by directing him to Control4 customer relations.  Now if this guy ever wanted something small done to his system the dealer would most likely ignore him as it wasn't a priority. 

This just shows the C4 business model needs adjustment.  This occurrence isn't an aberrancy but more of the norm.  

Just had a friend install control4 in his home.  His dealer botched the install with several items no being controlled properly and was told thats how the system is supposed to work.  This dealer was already on to the next customer and took his $60k.  I'm helping him to get this fixed by directing him to Control4 customer relations.  Now if this guy ever wanted something small done to his system the dealer would most likely ignore him as it wasn't a priority. 

This just shows the C4 business model needs adjustment.  This occurrence isn't an aberrancy but more of the norm.  

I would argue that dealer needs an adjustment, not the C4 business model.  That really does suck for your friend though.

Well that is a dealer that is not getting any referrals from your friend.  Each dealer has a patch to work, if they piss enough people off in that patch they are out of work.q

Was Control4 responsive, did they help make it right?

The norm??

How would you know this, I am not saying it is or am I  saying it is not, I don't know

How do you?

If the TV doesn't turn on, nobody is going to conclude that is normal Control4 operation.  The rest of your post is dribble.

Archived