C4 Forums | Control4

System locks up

Raven

I just had a Control4 system installed and since installation (about 3-4 weeks ago) my system locks up. By locking up the controller does not operate anything and the controller screen is locked on Family Room and the time displayed is 12:00. I have had to unplug the control4 module, ethernet switcher, and my Qwest modem and after 1 minute I reconnect everything and about 5 minutes later my system is back working again. I have talked to my installer and he said "that happens to me", my point being is that an answer or what. I paid good money for the system and I can't believe that that's what I have to live with, does anyone else have this problem and if so did you fix it or do you have to live with an expensive system that locks up.

I just had a Control4 system installed and since installation (about 3-4 weeks ago) my system locks up. By locking up the controller does not operate anything and the controller screen is locked on Family Room and the time displayed is 12:00. I have had to unplug the control4 module, ethernet switcher, and my Qwest modem and after 1 minute I reconnect everything and about 5 minutes later my system is back working again. I have talked to my installer and he said "that happens to me", my point being is that an answer or what. I paid good money for the system and I can't believe that that's what I have to live with, does anyone else have this problem and if so did you fix it or do you have to live with an expensive system that locks up.

That's a bug. You'll have to wait for a update to fix it.

look at post #12

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=7652

2.0.6 resolved these issues IIRC. I haven't heard of any complaints from those I talk to with that firmware. Another dealer I know it fixed the issues for in a near 300 zigbee node house. Ask those on 2.0.5 and 2.0.4 or other versions if their problems went away on 2.0.6 and we'll know.

This may be a part of a known bug that is not currently fixed in 2.0.6. If you are experiencing this bug currently mark you calender to track! Look at every 25 to 27 days on the dot. This bug has been confirmed, is currently being tracked, and a resolution is in the works and is a high priority from what I understand. Note that this bug does not effect all systems so if you are experiencing this bug please tell your dealer to report it to his rep for tracking purposes.

The normal "bandaid" of a reboot without reporting this bug does not really help the community so please report BEFORE REBOOT.

My neighbor just had a 300c hooked up and it locked up this weekend(2.06). He reset and everthing ok. Hope c4 is looking at this. Dealer found nothing...

Should not of said anything one of my 300c GUI screens locked up today. But things worked with SR250 ???reset now everything back.

My neighbor just had a 300c hooked up and it locked up this weekend(2.06). He reset and everthing ok. Hope c4 is looking at this. Dealer found nothing...

Should not of said anything one of my 300c GUI screens locked up today. But things worked with SR250 ???reset now everything back.

Pfttt. And my dealer keeps pushing 2.0.6 on me saying it's really stable and solved most of the problems.

Pfttt. And my dealer keeps pushing 2.0.6 on me saying it's really stable and solved most of the problems.

It was strange I could see GUI behind my cable favorites but it did not have the arrow on the top left. So I hit the star on the top left then it had three layers and locked up. Like Isaid its back working now after I reset...

It's true to some extent. Which snags are you talking about?

It's true to some extent. Which snags are you talking about?

Well, for one new thing, these lockups. I can't be having that happen when I'm frequently away for several weeks at a time. Also, there have been other threads reporting various problems using ComposerHE. And there have been threads pointing out the performance problems on an HC300 (prior to C version) on all releases of 2.x even though some were worse than others.

So I look at all that and ask what it gets me for the $400 upgrade, assuming free install, more if not. Plus some performance and stability issues. Even if minor, they are worse than my rock solid 1.8.0 system.

~# uptime
20:04:10 up 117 days, 4:13, load average: 1.03, 1.05, 1.06
~#

Not sure why it was down 4 months ago -- I think I was messing with power connections to my equipment. Or maybe that was the extended power outage we had one night last year.

2.0.6 should be a free push from your dealer, eh?

Oh, just saw you're on 1.8. OK, well all I can say is there are benefits with every major rev..

My HC300 is about two weeks too old for the free upgrade. That is, I got it about two weeks before the date Control4 announced they would provide the upgrade for controllers purchased after that. Though from most reports I wouldn't want it on that model anyway.

Archived