C4 Forums | Control4

Composer for OSX

control4user007

Any idea when/if control4 will release composer software for osx? I have composer HE running on a dual booted macbook and its not fun to have to reboot the computer and start up in a different operating system everytime i want to add music to control4. I tried using parallels but after a few months it slowed my computer way down, had to take off. Maybe they could just start by making the composer media edition work with osx, as this would be a big help for some out there who us osx.

I have Composer installed on my Windows server box which is on all of the time. I then remote desktop to it from OS X whenever I want to mess with the programming. I got sick of dual-booting with parallels. Also, the server is a lot better for media storage than my old NAS (and has all sorts of ancilliary benefits).

• 3 weeks later...

I do not expect a Mac OS X version of Composer HE. They likely wont even make a java version (I cringe at the thought).

Composer HE running via Vmware Fusion is fine, maybe you have some other problem going on.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late in posting here, but ComposerHE runs great for me on a MacBook Pro in Parallels 4, running free Windows 7 RC1. I run it in Coherence mode, and the Composer window appears within OSX just like any other native OSX app.

Archived